hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Shared hosting pls

Forum Jump

Shared hosting pls

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2007, 07:33 PM

Shared hosting pls

I am looking for a windows shared hosting with unmetered bandwidth. One important thing is my site needs a updater.exe file to update the database. Therefore i must be able to run scheduled tasks daily or system admin can have the file to check it (virus control) and run it under admin account.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Rockin' the beer gut

Budget for this? Location preference?

Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:45 PM
Web Hosting Master

unmetered transfer dont go with shared hosting, only dedicated solution can provide unmetered with port speed capped.
how much transfer do you really expect to use monthly?

http://www.imageleet.com

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Web Hosting Master

I have to agree with the 'leet guy, shared hosting and unmetered just don't mix. You'll end up coming back in a few months saying "xxxxxxHost ran off with my money!". Unmetered and selling at $10 a month isn't a sustainable business model.

my picture gallery: http://borgclan.com/gallery2

Old 07-26-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanon View Post
I have to agree with the 'leet guy, shared hosting and unmetered just don't mix. You'll end up coming back in a few months saying "xxxxxxHost ran off with my money!". Unmetered and selling at $10 a month isn't a sustainable business model.
Exactly.

What do you really need?

Old 07-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Web Hosting Master

I wouldn't trust "unmetered" if I were you. Most unmetered hosts actually meter your bandwidth and shut you down when they think you've gone overboard. In some hosts mind that is 100GB, in other 1TB, in some 10GB. Be careful and look for a DEFINATE amount of bandwidth, when in doubt, shoot for higher. Allow growing room.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:06 AM

budget is around 10ish usd up to 14usd. unmetered bandwidth is not very very important but i need at least a reasonable bandwidth. And as i asked in my first post, the scheduled task thing is very important for me.

I liked ************.com's service but they dont do scheduled tasks. So basically im looking for anyhting that looks like ************.com

Old 07-27-2007, 07:33 AM
Aspiring Evangelist

Hello,
Actually for $7.96 you could find reliable hosting solutions with at least 3,500 GB transfer per month and supporting scheduled tasks, which IMHO is well enough.

Regards

Old 07-27-2007, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostingASPNet View Post
Hello,
Actually for $7.96 you could find reliable hosting solutions with at least 3,500 GB transfer per month and supporting scheduled tasks, which IMHO is well enough.

Regards
I liked your plans but got questions regarding plan C.

Can i access SQL 2005 using my own MS client tool (remote connection)?

Can i run executables as scheduled tasks?

Can i create subdomains?

How much SQL disk space do i have?

Old 07-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

<EDIT> Whoops, sorry - Did not catch you were asking these questions to HostingASPNet directly.

Best wishes and good luck w/ your search!

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Canadian Web Hosting Improves SSD Caching for Shared Hosting Servers Web Hosting News 2013-09-04 13:47:24
Name.com Partners with CloudLinux to Improve Shared Hosting Stability Web Hosting News 2013-08-07 09:58:32
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – August 24, 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-08-24 16:50:42
Web Host MTL Servers Launches Shared Cloud Hosting, Cloud Servers Web Hosting News 2012-07-12 14:39:19
CloudLinux Adds Features to Define Resource Limits for Shared Hosting Plans Web Hosting News 2012-06-27 15:04:24