Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone else getting spam from dynamitehost.com?

I just got a "Welcome to the Mail1@dynamitehost.com mailing list!" email without ever subscribing to it (I have never even seen this host) and then got a:

"Fed up of downtime? Annoyed with banner ads and popups? Need scripting or domain hosting?

YOUVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!

www.dynamitehost.com"

Anyone else getting this same garbage?
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"
      0 Not allowed!

Judging by the activity on there forums...I don't think they will be too much of a threat to anybody around here. Why don't you just report it as SPAM to spam cop if you think it is spam.

Simon
      0 Not allowed!

I'm the owner of dynamitehost.com and I must say that I know nothing about this. Seriously I don't have a clue, I'll check the logs and stuff in the cp.
      0 Not allowed!

I checked the logs and see nothing of it, it may have bin one of our customers but I doubt it.

Rackmy, could you look at all the headers for me and see where its come from?
      0 Not allowed!

btw, vescotuk is the joint owner.... just so u know
      0 Not allowed!

Ive found it, one of my customers has made a mailing list with 312 email addresses attached. (lol).

I'm going to disable their mailing lists and give them a warning, I dount see any email addresses from this board, so it must have bin a fluke ? I dont know, sorry everyone!
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Vescotuk, I dont think a warning would suffice. I'm removing their account as we speak, you can sort out the refund.
      0 Not allowed!

Just so happens the two Dynamitehost employees above are using the same IP address, on what looks like an NTL broadband or dialup account.

Funny, I can guess what comes next: we use Internet sharing at the office/home , strange how they have to correspond with each other on the forums rather than with each other at the office/home.

I don't believe any of it. I highly doubt a customer would create a mailing list and send out that crap.
    MattF - Since the start..
      0 Not allowed!

Ive found it, one of my customers has made a mailing list with 312 email addresses attached. (lol).
    ? So why would they be spamming me with your services?
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

lol MattF great detective work

Hehe, hes trying to look professional and showing that he has a employee or co owner mohahahah!
      0 Not allowed!

worst part about this

Well teh worst part about this is that the spam made it to some ISP list group. These guys will get blckholed in no time.

mike
    I am Mike From ADEHOST.Com, Multidomain Windows hosting with Cold Fusion and ASP and Dot.NET Also offering multi-domain Unix hosting. silently, each one should ask, Have I done my daily task. Have I kept my honor bright, can I sleep without guilt tonight. Have I done and have I did, everything, to be prepared. - our motto to maintain services.
      0 Not allowed!

lol, for the last time.... I didn't spam anyone!

Why would I spend my time collecting 300 odd email addresses just so I could send people some emails that they would just ignore or get angry at?

I know this is the response because I too get plenty of spam in my inbox. No-one is ever interested in deals they recieve via spam, so what would the point in me doing that be?

I would much rather spend my time submitting my site to web hosting directories rather than spending hours sending spam which everyone either flames or just ignores???? its totally pointless in my view.

0 Not allowed!

Did you just ask why people spam. The point is, hosts here spam, its nothing new. People dont like it. Wether or not you did it, you are responsible. It sucks, I know. Instead of just saying you didnt do it, show some more proof. Show the domain that did it. Show they are not signed up with you anymore. show some logs. Honestly or just dont respond. Because in all honesty, this can be compared to dead people sending law makers letters saying microsoft is good.
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com
      0 Not allowed!

It is possible that a disgruntled customer would do something like this.

Just so happens the two Dynamitehost employees above are using the same IP address, on what looks like an NTL broadband or dialup account.
    That is a little curious.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by VescotUK

I'm going to disable their mailing lists and give them a warning, I dount see any email addresses from this board, so it must have bin a fluke ? I dont know, sorry everyone!
    That was the most pathetic attempt to worm your way out of this thing. It makes me want to puke. I hope you never come back you lousy louse.
      0 Not allowed!

So I quess the question is, who did?
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by RackMy.com
    So I quess the question is, who did?
    Yeh .. We do want to know who did it ............ ?
      0 Not allowed!

lol.

I don't spam. The site who spammed has been removed and refunded. I know I am responsible for this and I apoligize and I will try my best to make sure this never happens again.

Thats all I can say. Some people will never accept that, but thats all there is to it. I will not be posting on this subject again.

This matter has nothing to do with anyone else apart from our company, the culprit, Rackmy.com and anyone else who recieved THE unsolicited email. Also we do not give out information regarding our clients as that violates their rights under the Data Protection Act, and we would be liable for a fine.

So you think that sounds pathetic?

ok, its up to you.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't spam. The site who spammed has been removed and refunded. I know I am responsible for this and I apoligize and I will try my best to make sure this never happens again.
    I quess my question is still, why would your customer send me spam saying

"Fed up of downtime? Annoyed with banner ads and popups? Need scripting or domain hosting? YOUVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE! www.dynamitehost.com You are recieving this email because you or someone you know signed your email address up to our list. If you want to get removed from any future emails, plese go to: www.dynamitehost.com/ and remove your email address.
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
      0 Not allowed!

RackMy.com have you signed for their hosting?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by RackMy.com
    I quess my question is still, why would your customer send me spam saying

"Fed up of downtime? Annoyed with banner ads and popups? Need scripting or domain hosting? YOUVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE! www.dynamitehost.com You are recieving this email because you or someone you know signed your email address up to our list. If you want to get removed from any future emails, plese go to: www.dynamitehost.com/ and remove your email address.
    Only reason I can think of is an attempt to sabotage dynamitehost's reputation. It is possible. Extremely unlikely, but possible, I guess.
    Jay » jay@frontdrive.com • AIM » FDrive Support
    Front Drive™ » Advanced multi-domain solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/
      0 Not allowed!

I think they sabatoged their own reputation by having a pretend conversation to alegedly look for the spammer, then reprimand same. As if a professional host would converse here with a "partner" about one of their customers. You couldn't call him because your only phone line was tied up while you were online? and you share the only office (or home) computer with said "partner" too?
    That looked weird before MattF busted them for using the same IP!
    Sheeesh, even a newbie would know to sign off and then back on to get a slightly different IP!

Oh and by the way, spammers, when caught and cancelled by other hosts are NOT refunded. Every body knows that!
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."
      0 Not allowed!

Mattf, please tell them about the mistake you made, its very well to go blabbing your mouth off when you have no idea of the network I have setup.

And, it is not as that sent the email, it was only ONE email, get over it! Plus its nothing to do with partnership. We are brothers and are joint owners. If you want any information, email us.

Its nothing to do with anyone apart from rackmy.com and I think its very immature of you all, to go spreading your views on how we are spammers and how 'professional' we are just because one email was recieved!!!!

Now, we are not the same person, thats why mattf unbanned our accounts. We dont use a phone line for our offices. We are at home and we use a dailup, and just incase your wondering, I havent got cable because I cant afford it, its not availible where I live.

Thank you all very much for your interests in our site anyway, and thank you for your opinions even though you dont know dogs *******s about us.
      0 Not allowed!

leave him alone man! we all make mistakes!!! comeee on
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast