Thread: kanoodle

kanoodle

Anyone had any luck with Kanoodle so far? I must say that I'm not very impressed. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised in the end.

<hold breath>
    </hold break>
    <gasps for air!!!>
    ThePrimeHost LLC - Serving Websites Since 2001.
    Fully Managed VPS Hosting w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Reseller Hosting with End User Support

Anyone had any luck with Kanoodle so far? I must say that I'm not very impressed. Hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised in the end.
    I was thinking to give them a shot, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.
    For how long have you been running campaign with them? Do they send you a good traffic? What is the quality of this traffic?

Thanks,
    Peter

Search engine; http://kanoodle.com/
    Signature.

Re: kanoodle

Originally posted by theprimehost
    Anyone had any luck with Kanoodle so far? I must say that I'm not very impressed.
    Originally posted by IntraHost
    What the heck is kanoodle?
    Ha! And therein lies the problem!

Sure, no one searches at Overture either, but at least Overture results show up at other sites at which they will be seen. Same with Google's AdWords, besides the fact, obviously, that they are seen on Google. Your Kanoodle listings are at Kanoodle, and might appear at Ah-Ha. And I can hear it now...

"What the heck is Ah-Ha?"
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Lol reminds me of one of my kids shows songs...
    "Use your kanoodle, do the kanoodle dance"

Originally posted by EzSnake
    Lol reminds me of one of my kids shows songs...
    "Use your kanoodle, do the kanoodle dance"
    .. that was my thought when I seen the subject in the message listing.

I've never heard of Kanoodle, especially as a search engine and I've been around the Internet (www) for a long time (about 9 years now).

--Shaun
    Shaun Ewing
    http://shaun.net

I remember seeing ads for Kanoodle, back when they started. Went their once, and didn't like it. I'll take my Google any day.

Curiosity just got the better of me and I had a look.

First impressions were not good. It had a tacky feeling to it and I've never been fond of those "bid for position" style search engines, they tend to be biased and don't return accurate results.

I rather Google, it returns accurate results quickly.

--Shaun
    Shaun Ewing
    http://shaun.net

I think they all should bow out to google!!!!!

PPC

Actually, I have been using Kanoodle now for about 3 months, and they have been the source of most of my signups. Things have been slowing down a little, and I thought perhaps I would try google adwords select, since their regular adwords program was worthless for me. When I opened my account with Google, I learned that the minimum bid for web hosting related keywords is .80-1.00! That is nuts! Are you google fans using their adwords select program? Or is there a better way to go?

Best regards,
    David Harris
    WorldWideHosting.net
    Multiple Domain Hosting

We used Kanoodle for awhile, but the only keyword combo that got any click thrus was "web hosting". We tried others, like "web hosting php" and "web hosting mysql" but those gave us little results.

And for the click thrus we did receive from "web hosting", we didn't get a single signup that I can recall. Of course some of those may have bookmarked us and came back later to signup.

We have had better luck paying for positions on Google. But after they went to the adwords option, we quit doing that also. Now we just depend upon word of mouth referrals from current customers and some key positioning on top search directories like Yahoo.

Joe
    Joe Sliva | [email protected]
    Feature Packed PHP / MySQL Hosting
    iCANx Web Hosting
    http://www.icanx.com

Yahoo

Hello Joe,

We still do not have a big enough client base to rely on word-of-mouth. Do you use ppc at directoried such as yahoo? I signed up for their program and it seems to be hard to get up there. Also, their signup and advertising options seem to be quite confusing. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Best regards,
    David Harris
    Multiple Domain Web Hosting
    WorldWideHosting.net

Hi David,
    No, at Yahoo, I just tried to create a site that would come up high in the results for our chosen keyword combos and it worked out well. We usually come up in the top 10 (usually the top 5) for searches on "web hosting php", "web hosting mysql", "web hosting php mysql", etc.

Only thing is, I've tried adding addtional sites to Yahoo with the similar targeting (i.e. using the same keywords, descriptions, etc.) and I haven't ended up anywhere near the top of the listings, so I guess we just kind of got lucky with icanx.com.

But our high ranking at Yahoo has been very good for us so far.

If you choose and pay for the kewords: web hosting at Kanoodle, you WILL get a lot of page views. The only thing is, none of those seemed to place orders. Sucked really.
    Joe Sliva | [email protected]
    Feature Packed PHP / MySQL Hosting
    iCANx Web Hosting
    http://www.icanx.com

The Page Views probably came from other web hosts, checking your service out. <siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh>

ThePrimeHost LLC - Serving Websites Since 2001.
    Fully Managed VPS Hosting w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Reseller Hosting with End User Support