Thread: dedicated?

dedicated?

Hi,

My name is Syan and I'm a current customer at RS with over 10 servers.
    I've been at buying services from RS for years now and known what type of service people really need. It seems like an understanding/need of a customer is more important than anything else in this business. I'm not about the put down anyone or RS itself. Most people at RS are really happy about their service, so am I. But when it comes to something critical it is hard for them to get a good understanding. For example I lost (got restored) a few servers due to a network problem with any notifications and lost more than 200 websites hosted by my clients. Was I able to argue back and get credit for it? No. done was done.

Anyhow, my future plan is to offer dedicated hosting with a good service. Right now I offer shared hosting for over 500 clients around the world. Our dedicated system will be much reliable and customer friendly. Sine we're located in Canada we will charge in Canadian funds. Of course we will support Ensim servers for most. The cost would be approx 100$ Canadian /month and hopefully no setup fee at all. I'm planning to offer similar services like RS (ips,upgrades,etc.)

To tell the truth telephone support will be the important fact and will not be available for a while until we've met the required funds. But we will have professional support over email 24x7. I need to know how many of you will be interested so I can get an estimate of all the requirements.

Server specs ( not comfirmed yet) :
    Ensim, Dell servers
    P III with 40/60 GB HD's
    516 + MB RAM

*if possible, a personal web based reboot switch

We will also have a referral program in which if you refer someone to us we will deduct your 1 month payment. Please let me know what you think, i'd be glad to hear your opinion as well.

Thank You

Sounds good to me I wish you the best of luck
    dot5hosting.com
    [email protected]
    "We look after our customers, or someone else will"

sounds good let me know if u get it sorted pls

sounds good

thanx guys!!!

I will let you know once I'm ready...

Sounds good here too!

Just Out of Curiousity, how do you intend to offer a dedicated server, like rackshack, with control panels, name brand servers, bandwidth, a facility, 24x7 staff, etc. for ~ $100/mo canadian ($63/mo usd)?

It may just be me, but considering bandwidth carriers, DC space, etc. is generally more expensive up here in Canada, it doesen't sound like a particularly well thought out plan, unless of course Bill Gates is one of your CEO's.

Just to let everyone know, this person spammed me and wanted to know how many servers we wanted I don't mind people emailing me with just about anything, but when someone does not take the time to see who we are and emails me to ask "how many servers do you want from us", it kind of irritates me.

I am not sure if I am the only one who got spammed, but would just like to share.
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

Originally posted by porcupine
    unless of course Bill Gates is one of your CEO's.

who knows

Well first of all, I didn't spam You. You replied to my email and asked me a few questions, I guess you misunderstood me. I did not start offering this service so I cannot ask people to buy servers from me Anyhow sorry for disappointing you guys. About the costs I'm not sure how much I will have to spend here In Canada. Let c how it goes....

You dont even have a price estimate? Oh lord. This is like starting a thread stating "i intend to compete with wallmart on a penny for penny market, and i intend to beat their prices, i've yet to start the business, but whatcha think?".

Let us know what you think when you get the actual costs .

Originally posted by porcupine
    Just Out of Curiousity, how do you intend to offer a dedicated server, like rackshack, with control panels, name brand servers, bandwidth, a facility, 24x7 staff, etc. for ~ $100/mo canadian ($63/mo usd)?

It may just be me, but considering bandwidth carriers, DC space, etc. is generally more expensive up here in Canada, it doesen't sound like a particularly well thought out plan, unless of course Bill Gates is one of your CEO's.
    Equiptment could be brought in through the US if it's considerably cheaper.

This post is nothign but a shameless plug, so first of all, it would be moved to the offers forum

second, the post very very nicely typed, but it told me the same BS that others do, we are goign head to head with RS, but we will provide service and cheaper rpices ...

Wake up will ya, it's a miracle that RS can provide the prices they do, and they needed tousands of servers to turn a profit.

This is another one of those stories of peopel with a bankrupcy wish, instead of trying to make it cheap, why dont' you try and devise a plan where you can assure your clients you will be in business 1 year from now.

Carlos
    DataColo

Well first of all, I didn't spam You. You replied to my email and asked me a few questions, I guess you misunderstood me.
    I asked you questions becuase I could not believe you were asking me to buy servers from you.
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

lol

I am brazilian and I run a web hosting company in brazil and have about 400 customers.

I am in canada (toronto) right now and I was looking for a XServe for apple to start web hosting here, I would rather stay with rackshack.

I am pretty sure that you won't make prices better than rackshack does, and keep your server's with them, they are the best.

thanks.

guilherme
    maxihost.com.br

Originally posted by mushrew

Equiptment could be brought in through the US if it's considerably cheaper.
    Not likely, i live in Ontario, ever try to order parts and have a US vendor ship it up here? Not a chance, 95% of them wont even consider it.

Great! since i haven't started anything I can't argue... but very soon I will be bringin surprices n then we can talk who is in business and who isn't. Its not about how much I have to spend, its about how much me and my team is willing to pur our efforts into it. Gettings this up is not a bid deal for us.

But remember pple... u'll hear the word "Aractel" sooner or later.

Coming from someone who has absolutly nothing to back his claims, it sounds very obscure and rediculous to me. Where will this data center be housed? who will it be connected to? what amount of connectivity will you have? Where do you intend to pull the hundreds of thousands of dollars necessary to startup a operation of such scale, if not millions?, etc.

I think you're the one in for the surprises, not us

Originally posted by aractel
    But remember pple... u'll hear the word "Aractel" sooner or later.
    Quick, Aractel.com is available! Someone register it now, and foil his already hopeless business plans...

No offense but your domain isn't even registered... And you want to become the next rackshack? GOOD LUCK, you'll need it...

hehe funny, I already have all my domains registered.

?

bash-2.05a$ whois aractel.com

Whois Server Version 1.3

Domain names in the .com, .net, and .org domains can now be registered
    with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
    for detailed information.

No match for "ARACTEL.COM".

>>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 16:49:00 EDT <<<

The Registry database contains ONLY .COM, .NET, .ORG, .EDU domains and
    Registrars.

Originally posted by aractel
    hehe funny, I already have all my domains registered.

who said it was aractel.com ?

lol