Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I just wonder if Paypal pay back the customer the money than how about the seller? Will seller money be deducted?
    How to Start / Create Your Own Website: The Begineer's A-Z Guide
    See here: http://www.kidbuxblog.com/learn_webdesign

Get this, during my dispute with PayPal, PayPal took the money out of my account TWICE to refund the buyer. Ya, they took $100 from me, and then a few weeks later took another $100 that I DIDN'T HAVE. Their system forgot it raped me, then came back for seconds. I called them up and said "w-t-f" on the phone. Luckily the paypal agent on the phone was smart enough to see the error, and was able to fix the glitch, but I still lost my original $100.
    TextAdMarket - http://www.TextAdMarket.com
    Supply & Demand Advertising

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicism View Post
    If that was the case no one would have a problem with paypal, this site wouldn't exist (which is FULL of the OPs issues) and we'd all love them but it just isn't the case.

When there is a dispute against a 'service' you are given 3 options, provide a refund, provide a shipping tracking number, show proof of a refund. There is no 'This is a service transaction get of jail free card', paypal already know this is a service type transaction when they give you the options, which in other words is them saying make the refund or we'll lock you.
    If you contact Paypal, they tell you of an email address to send a fuller counterclaim to - complaintresponse@paypal.com

Here is what I normally put:

Paypal Case ID: PP-xxx-xxx-xxx
    Transaction ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Buyer Name: xxxxxxxx
    Buyer Email: xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Transaction Amount: £1.99 GBP
    Transaction Date: 21 Feb. 2006

I am appealing this case as you have not taken into consideration your own terms and conditions.

Your terms and conditions clearly state that only tangible products can be the focus of a buyer complaint, not in-tangible.

MY PRODUCTS ARE DIGITAL, DOWNLOADABLE PRODUCTS AND ARE NOT COVERED BY YOUR COMPLAINTS PROCESS, THEREFORE YOU HAVE BREACHED YOUR OWN TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND I REQUEST THAT ALL MONIES RETURNED TO THE BUYER BE RETURNED TO MY ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN LEGAL ACTION IN A UK COURT OF LAW.

Regards,

I'm tempted to send that email, but aren't you afraid they'll shut down your account and keep your assets? I'm sure they would at least freeze my account if I threatened them with a lawsuit.
    TextAdMarket - http://www.TextAdMarket.com
    Supply & Demand Advertising

They breached the contract for which you signed up on. If they close your account with out granting your earned money take them to court.

There's always regnow.com

Quote Originally Posted by Netcomm UK View Post
    Your terms and conditions clearly state that only tangible products can be the focus of a buyer complaint, not in-tangible.
    Most likely, this was not a Buyer Complaint, but was instead a chargeback that the customer filed directly with their credit card company. If you locate the case in the Resolution Center of your PayPal account, it should indicate whether it was a "Buyer Complaint" or a "chargeback".

In the case of a chargeback, the credit card issuer takes the money back from PayPal, which is why it is then pulled from your account. You can provide PayPal with additional information to help dispute the chargeback with the credit card issuer, but it is more difficult to win these disputes when dealing with intangible goods.
    Sell more worldwide! PayPal Website Payments Pro and Virtual Terminal now support 6 currencies and 174 countries

I sell digital goods different way by sending files via email and also asking the customers did they get the files, this way I get a proof of delivery of digital goods and I can use customer reply if the customer file a claim.
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Reason number 564 not to use Paypal for hosting businesses. They are great for Garage Sales, ie., eBay type transactions and other less serious payment exchanges.
    Wrong
    Paypal has the best solution out there for what they offer. Not everyone wants to hand out credit card information. In fact most don't want to do so for individuals they have no experience with. Why? Because they shouldn't trust them with their CC information. Paypal is (by far) the best way to do things like this, and maintains the best approach to this. THEY store your CC (and private) information so you don't have to worry about it getting used by an unknown 3rd party.

Quote Originally Posted by tickedon View Post
    Exactly. Paypal's Buyer Protection does not cover digital goods or services, and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by paypalrb View Post
    Most likely, this was not a Buyer Complaint, but was instead a chargeback that the customer filed directly with their credit card company. If you locate the case in the Resolution Center of your PayPal account, it should indicate whether it was a "Buyer Complaint" or a "chargeback".
    Precisely:
    In the case of a "bank chargeback", paypal's policies are out the door, as are your own. You're at the mercy of the individual's CC provider. There's really nothing you can do. Oh, you can TRY to appeal it, but paypal's not going to help you THAT MUCH there.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

What happens to the buyer's PayPal account if they file a credit card chargeback? Anything?

You get dinged for a chargeback fee if PayPal gets hit with a chargeback.

There's an interesting gateway that cdg are launching: http://quantumgateway.com - they have some very interesting guarantees!
    circlical - hosting software development
    forums * blog

E-Gold or Bank Transfer, paypal are friggin useless and I found out the hard way

Quote Originally Posted by Saeven View Post
    Thanks, Saeven, but I'm asking about the buyer's account, not the seller's. Anyone know if Paypal does anything to a buyer who does a cc chargeback?

Quote Originally Posted by Saeven View Post

There's an interesting gateway that cdg are launching: http://quantumgateway.com - they have some very interesting guarantees!
    Gets locked, and it goes into the negative for however much they charged back. If you can prove it wasn't a fraudulent payment, then the transaction will be reimbursed, As well as they scammer, will get quite the fee from his CC company.

It happened to me again

Somebody bought some adsense sites from me in July and he wrote to me for help in setting them up which I gladly helped him with. I thought all was well. Today I get notice of a chargeback on my paypal account from this guy who is claiming it was an "unauthorized transaction." What exactly does this mean, that anyone can buy digital goods on ebay and then later put in a claim for whatever reason they want and paypal will give them their money back?

Report it to ebay, move on.
    Ebay should already know that the transaction was invalid, so just report the transaction as "not paid", and then relist the item

Unfortunately, paypal doesn't cover "unauthorized transactions" in it's TOS, it's assumed you're doing some sort of security and verification checks
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12