NOCSTER? Any good or

hi all im just about finished my research NOCSTER have the winning offer so far so im just wondering has any body got anything good to say about there support or server speed etc or any bad things to say about billing speed or support etc

thanks allot im not flaming nocster i was just want to know a bit about them seeing as im going to be spending allot! of money with them and i bet u would feel the same

I don't see how you could go wrong with Nocster.
    They had some connectivity problems when they added a line a little while ago. But, other than that, we have been extremely pleased with their level of service and support.

We've used them since, nearly the time they opened. And couldn't be happier.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

lol, hey guys isn't it wierd how SWR always posts good comments on Nocster? I wonder whos doing the bribing here..

J/K

NOCSTER = BURSTNET ?

Yes, Same company, different product..

Originally posted by edude
    lol, hey guys isn't it wierd how SWR always posts good comments on Nocster? I wonder whos doing the bribing here..

J/K
    Yes, I noticed that as well. But in his defense, he is merely trying to share his own experience, and he did acknowledge problems faced by others. (Although his first statement is open to debate).

I know how he feels because I used to be with a company that I feel very loyal to, and they have been good to me. Even when they proved to have some serious problem, I still didn't complaint much and try to make things a bit more positive. (In fact, I still am, that's why I am not posting their name).

I would recommend a search on the forum archive to get a better sense of Nocster's quality. I don't use their service, but I have seen enough threads to know that a search would help in decision-making.

Peter

has anyone to say anything bad on burst net or nocster?

Most of the feedback early on was very positive, though recent DDoS attacks when they supposedly hosted an al-qaeda sympathetic site at the request of the US government led to a few complaints, it has since been removed. Most of the negative complaints though seem to be from people like edude who don't even have a box with them.

A search would tell you far more than what we could tell you in this thread.

When you look at the results, make sure you take into consideration: time, author of the post, and the truthfulness of the statements.

Peter

SoftWareRevue is correct

Accept few dos attacks there service is extremely good. I also use other providers to host my servers and they are not so responsive as burst.net.

Believe me there is always some human available. They are available on AOL almost all the time and always response unlike many providers who never response when you are there customers

I have also experienced delays in response from the provider this forum treats very good. :0

Just my $0.02.
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

ok ive searched a few bad things but mostly good so im going to signup

Good to know. Please let us know how things go.

Peter

I signed up with burst a week ago (last Monday). They still haven't delivered it. They have been available via email and responsive about the delay so far. So I'm not complaining yet, just getting impatient. I want my new toy!

<edited to correct my bad spelling and punctuation.>
    Last edited by MrShoop; 07-22-2002 at 07:38 PM.

I had a server with NOCSTER and did not last with them more than 2 months. Ther server was so slow with only about 5 domains using about 5GB per month for all domains.

Server Specifications:
    P3 866 256MB RAM 20GB IDE

I have a server with Pwebtech.com with over 300 domains and it was running a lot faster than NOCSTER server.

Server Specifications:
    P3 750 512MB RAM 40GB IDE

you know what it is with you guys?

your all in for competition so i think im gonna decide for myself what nocsters like
    theres allot of good things been said but theres some bad things said!i will keep u all posted

Originally posted by 24Host
    you know what it is with you guys?

your all in for competition so i think im gonna decide for myself what nocsters like
    theres allot of good things been said but theres some bad things said!i will keep u all posted
    Let us know how it goes

Yes, definitely share you experience.

Peter

I have a server at nocster and am extremely satisfied with it.

I had a server with NOCSTER and did not last with them more than 2 months. Ther server was so slow with only about 5 domains using about 5GB per month for all domains.

Server Specifications:
    P3 866 256MB RAM 20GB IDE

I have a server with Pwebtech.com with over 300 domains and it was running a lot faster than NOCSTER server.

Server Specifications:
    P3 750 512MB RAM 40GB IDE
    How does the amount of domains affect the server?
    Just 1 domain could max the cpu out - no matter whether is was at burst or even rackspace.... number of domains is irrelevant in your scenario.

If you had a problem with a drive or bad memory, that should have been found before you even had 1 domain on the machine, did you do any tests to find any problems before putting any sites onto it? Yes they are managed servers, but you need to test things out and let the guys know if there are any issues, then they will I assume fix them.

Originally posted by MrShoop
    I signed up with burst a week ago (last Monday). They still haven't delivered it. They have been available via email and responsive about the delay so far. So I'm not complaining yet, just getting impatient. I want my new toy!

<edited to correct my bad spelling and punctuation.>
    Did u get ur new toy yet?

Originally posted by Kulman

Did u get ur new toy yet?
    do you mean that black penguin
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com