temporarily deferred mail from Yahoo, I',m getting sick of these people

These people should be ashmed of themselves. Kicking back messages such as

421 Message from (38.xx.xxx.xx) temporarily deferred - 4.16.50. Please refer to http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/defer/defer-06.html

everytime one of our users sends or fowards a message to Yahoo. Its not like they are completely innocent. After all, i have seen more junk coming from their server than any other ISP. They have the nerve to delay message delivery even after we have already reported this incident to them on 3 occasions without a resolution.

They ask you to fill our a form which is a mile long then like Ebay they reply with canned messages that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the problem being reported. In the end, there is no resolution but they continue to defer everyones mail.

Are they idiots?

Not one of our ips has every been blocked for spamming, not by them or any other ISP yet they take it upon themselves to casually delay everyones mail as they please.

Unreal
    << Please see the Rules page. >>

Most probably your ip address is banned by anti spam gateway...

To get rid of this yahoo is providing phone support ($25/hour). You can directly talk with live person at yahoo and get this issue resolved... Well i tried this solution and our ip was removed....

We are not banned by them or anyone else as i stated. They must be greylisting or something but their support sucks. Its as bad as Ebay. Ask ebay a question and you get a canned answer. I think their support staff sit there selecting check marks beside the canned responses they want to include in a reply then they send that off. 99% of the time their reply has nothing to do with the question asked.
    << Please see the Rules page. >>

You're correct... 1st, 2nd and 3rd reply are canned reply...

Hmm, if yahoo phone support cost $25/hour than I believe they are trying to get you frustrated and end up calling them and they make extra money by helping you

Yahoo shot itself in the legs....both legs actually....
    First the mail get delayed, then when it got delivered it went into the bulk box, not inbox.
    OCEAN HOST
    www.ocean-host.com
    Get Online. Reach Worldwide.
    Check our uptime

Yup...
    I got frustrated by email communication with them and then we decided to pay them to get the issue resolved...

Quote Originally Posted by Styk View Post
    Hmm, if yahoo phone support cost $25/hour than I believe they are trying to get you frustrated and end up calling them and they make extra money by helping you
    Looks like they took a cue from their search engine side of the business on this.

Yahoo number

I realize it has been quite a long time but I am going through same stuff with Yahoo and must fix ASAP. Do you know where I could get that pay-per-incident phone number?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by thewebhostingdir View Post
    Most probably your ip address is banned by anti spam gateway...

To get rid of this yahoo is providing phone support ($25/hour). You can directly talk with live person at yahoo and get this issue resolved... Well i tried this solution and our ip was removed....

I've seen most large email services start doing this as of late. This is generally done because most poorly written spam scripts attempt to send mail, are deferred, and imply its an error and move on. Real mail, as well as better written spam software, will reattempt to send the mail, in which case, the server usually accepts it.
    Ryan G.

They use greylisting. Adjust your mail servers accordingly and it should be fine.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Greylisting

We have our servers set up correctly, they will keep re-trying and in most cases the mail will go through. However, it sometimes takes up to 24 hours for recipient to get it, and we have no way of knowing after getting that bounce back message.

We have gone through every step Yahoo has required us to including the 15 question essay about our mail server. After sending in the questionnaire and receiving the reply from yahoo saying they have made necessary changes the bounce back messages increased.

While it helps to know the messages often go through eventually, the employees here still have a hard time getting these bounce back messages.

I just wish I could find this support phone number to yahoo for this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post
    They use greylisting. Adjust your mail servers accordingly and it should be fine.

--Tina

Their email support will not be any help in this case, we were having 421 issues and their reply was "mail server must not be following yahoo guidelines..."
    It was sorted out after week of tussle and adjusting our mail servers accordingly.
    maybe time to get the phone support
    Imageleet.com - Premium Hosting Solutions Since 2006
    Shared Hosting, FFmpeg Hosting, Linux VPS and Dedicated Solutions.
    SSD, Litespeed powered, R1soft, cPanel | Softaculous | Rvsitebuilder + FFmpeg, Mencoder, Mplayer, Flvtool2, x264
    http://www.imageleet.com

Quote Originally Posted by LJ710 View Post
    I realize it has been quite a long time but I am going through same stuff with Yahoo and must fix ASAP. Do you know where I could get that pay-per-incident phone number?

Thank you
    See, and this is where they learn that it's okay to charge innocent outsiders for their own internal screw-ups. As long as people are willing to pay it, they'll be willing to keep charging.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by AH-Tina View Post

--Tina
    Curious what you believe constitutes "adjust your mail servers accordingly" ?? Maybe there is something we have missed.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

how about protesting them to use postfix instead of exim since postfix handles greylisting so much better? I used to have loads of problems, even hacking my retry settings in exim. Switched over to postfix, everything runs completely perfect, out of the box.

Yahoo deferred

Can't help but notice I still don't have any real solution to this problem. Yahoo mail is still getting blocked or delayed for long periods of time. I just need a way to solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ710 View Post
    Can't help but notice I still don't have any real solution to this problem. Yahoo mail is still getting blocked or delayed for long periods of time. I just need a way to solve the problem.

Hire a server admin to run the issue down. We've spent many hours ensuring our mail services are compliant with various providers.(yahoo, aol, etc..)

Regards,