Question Computer/Server building

Hi,

I'm thinking about offering dedicated servers on my site, but I'm unsure if I could actually build one without breaking something, lol!

I can do the basics, i.e ram upgrades, cd-rom installation etc, but its things like choosing the right cpu for your motherboard im stuck with

I know how to use and install Linux and other operating systems, so thats no problem either.

Has anyone got an address for a tutorial and/or knows where I can download one of those "video classes" which ive seen all over ebay lately?

Thanks

Experience is the best teacher; short of that you may want to try directron.com (browse the forum & how-to articles).
    You could also try a search on google as well.

BC12

EDIT:/ I am in no way affiliated with the above.

I learned those skills from basically going to websites which sell all of the components of the computer and looking over the prices of the different parts. It is quite simple once you know the basics.

ok, thanks for the advice

http://www.anandtech.com is probably the best computer hardware-related web site I ever saw. Many reviews and tutorials and also a forum with about 90,000 people who will answer any specific questions pretty fast.

BTW, http://www.newegg.com has very good hardware prices and they usually ship it out the next morning after you order your stuff.

oh, nice sites

Thos are my two favorite websites as well.

Thanks for all your help, I now know everything I need to (i think!) to start building some servers up.