hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : What type of plan?

Forum Jump

What type of plan?

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

What type of plan?

I am looking to start a website similar to vmkmagic.com, its a Disney MMORPG fan site and if you could please check it out and see what amount of bandwidth and storage I will need for an operation of this size.

thanks a million!

Sponsored Links
Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCamShow View Post
I am looking to start a website similar to vmkmagic.com, its a Disney MMORPG fan site and if you could please check it out and see what amount of bandwidth and storage I will need for an operation of this size.

thanks a million!
Something the size of vmkmagic.com will need a dedicated server.

Old

Thanks, that was my inclination....

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCamShow View Post
Thanks, that was my inclination....
i dont think you need an dedicated server to start, that site has 59 users online currently and it will take you atleast 6-8 months to get traffic anywhere near to it. you will do fine with shared hosting.

http://www.imageleet.com

Old
Web Hosting Master

Depends how resource intensive your fan site is, but at first I doubt you would need a dedicated server, although if you grow in the future you will probably need to upgrade to one.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Not to burst your bubble, but achieving a community like that is a lot harder than it seems. Its a lot of work, and some luck. No one can predict the future, but in case it takes longer than expected, there is no point in throwing away your money on a dedicated server. Just make sure you choose a host with a good upgrade path, so that you can upgrade easily as your site grows. Over the course of a few months this could save you hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.

Old
Junior Guru

You can start with a shared hosting plan. And upgrade later when required. I agree with everity about choosing a host which have a very good upgrade policy. i.e. you can upgrade to higher plans easily, as well as when moving to dedicated server in the future, the host will transfer the site for u.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Bitcasa Sheds Unlimited Cloud Storage Plan as it Improves Backend Infrastructure Web Hosting News 2014-10-27 10:28:48
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – October 17, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-10-17 10:43:32
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - October 10, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-10-10 14:19:57
ICANN Releases New gTLD Name Collision Proposal Web Hosting News 2013-10-09 15:26:45
Box Doubles Storage for Free Plan, Launches $5 Enterprise Plan Web Hosting News 2013-08-22 13:32:27