Exclamation Help me look for what suits me

Hello, this is my very first post here;
    I'm from Davao City, Philippines; a High School Student yet
    I'm currently on a free host named http://hyperphp.com
    I am thinking to sign up for their paid hosting, but I don't know if it's good.
    Please help me look for a host that fits my SMF fanatic needs, I own an SMF board
    I bumped upon Lunarpages, but received this comment about them on a other forum
    I'd stay away from them, especially if you're expecting your forum to do any sort of growing. I'm speaking from personal experience...they are a PITA to deal with if you "exceed" resources on their shared servers (their resource allocation is minuscule).

Here are some basic stuff my wanted host should have
    5-10 GB of space (is that enough for a SMF Forum?)
    around 15GB + Bandwith (also enough?)
    Everything on the host should work perfectly with SMF 1.1.3

I'm such a noob, please help me!

Oh, not to forget the cost.. should be below the double digit (10$)
    I'm thinking about bluehost right now, but they are real over sellers, people say.

Hello Kevin, welcome to WHT. You could try the search function to see if theres any reviews on hyperphp, can't say i've heared of them myself.

Check how much disk space your forum currently uses, i think 5-10GB is a tad extreme.

I could need 5-10 since there'll be many uploads to be dealth with (music, .zip, etc)

That search thing doesn't works for me, I filled up but don't know where the search button is LOL

Any suggestion of an host?

You should look out for hosts that try and get you as a customer by offering great support as opposed to "the whole server."
    Hostgator, precision effect, media layer, downtownhost, and steadfast all seem to have a great reputation on WHT, so you may want to take a look at them

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Paquet View Post
    Here are some basic stuff my wanted host should have
    5-10 GB of space (is that enough for a SMF Forum?)
    around 15GB + Bandwith (also enough?)
    Everything on the host should work perfectly with SMF 1.1.3
    your requirements are fair enough and any decent shared host will work, i dont think even lunarpages would have problems hosting your site.
    Imageleet.com - Premium Hosting Solutions Since 2006
    Shared Hosting, FFmpeg Hosting, Linux VPS and Dedicated Solutions.
    SSD, Litespeed powered, R1soft, cPanel | Softaculous | Rvsitebuilder + FFmpeg, Mencoder, Mplayer, Flvtool2, x264
    http://www.imageleet.com

15GB bandwidth should be plenty for you. Most small forums only use a few hundred MB per month, 1GB at the max. Your space requirements seem fine, and you are going to have plenty of space left over after you install SMF. In order to work with SMF, most hosts should only need PHP (I know SMF works on 4.4.7, not sure about 5.2.x) and MySQL. Having the GD Graphics Library would be a plus, as that will allow you to do things like generate CAPTCHA images, etc.

Alex

Well, my forum is decently growing, and not to forget I'll be adding ARCADES and the download section for music download and more,
    which host would fit me?

Well arcades and file downloads might take a lot more bandwidth. How popular is you forum then?
    How many users do you have online at the same time?
    Cheapest Multiple C Class IP Hosting

About not less than 13 and that for just 3 weeks of service

If they'll use your arcade and download files from your website you should need quite some bandwidth. And it's a pretty good growth too.

What host r u using right now?
    Cheapest Multiple C Class IP Hosting