Thread: noob question

noob question

I looked at various offers from the offer section, but only a few of them mentioned how much disk space is avaliable, IE how much I can upload

Is that not a concern for dedicated?

Are you talking about a shared server or dedicated? If it is dedicated you are talking about, most HDD can be upgraded to what you need, if more disk space is what you are looking for, go to any of the offers, then visit their site, see what kind of upgrades you can do for the price, some offer great deals, some are... well you get the picture. Good luck in your search.

Quote Originally Posted by Sago-Sean View Post
    Are you talking about a shared server or dedicated? If it is dedicated you are talking about, most HDD can be upgraded to what you need, if more disk space is what you are looking for, go to any of the offers, then visit their site, see what kind of upgrades you can do for the price, some offer great deals, some are... well you get the picture. Good luck in your search.

thank you

and does anyone have any clue as to wat a good price should be for Harddrive upgrade?

And also a good price for Bandwidth upgrade

Probably it would be easier if you could say how much you want. Do you know yet, or is it too early in the process?

I'm thinking 5TB of Bandwidth and maybe 300-500GB of Harddrive maybe more.

Can you give an estamite on that? Thanx

You may looking for 20Mbit unmeterd port,pleas take a look at offer sections,it would be $300+/mo

Regards

20Mbit unmeterd port, can someone explain this?

I don't really understand wat this 20mbit means, and as for unmetered I haven't seen one host that truely doesn't care about bandwidth, it's always a high number, but has a limit none the less, or is that different with dedicated?

Quote Originally Posted by lemondude View Post
    20Mbit unmeterd port, can someone explain this?

I don't really understand wat this 20mbit means, and as for unmetered I haven't seen one host that truely doesn't care about bandwidth, it's always a high number, but has a limit none the less, or is that different with dedicated?
    It means that your total speed limit to 20mbit/s(2.5MB/s),it is about 6600GB bandwith per month max.

thanx very much, been a big help

but one more question wat exactly can more ram do? does it make the loading time for visitors shorter?

More memory is generally a good thing...but the best configuration for you depends on what you will be running. For some uses, memory might be less important than other factors.

I'm looking to offer downloads for visitors. does memory give a better twist or something? Or help at all?

Or generally, wat does Ram do in a server exactly, does it help upload?

For static files download,RAM seems no so important,you may also try lighttpd for web server.

I'm very noob to dedicated servers, so could you explain wat lighttpd is and wat it does etc?

thanx in advance

It is a fast web server,try a look at http://www.lighttpd.net/