Multiple personalities??

I'm at work, having a quick puff of fresh air.......

Some of the guys hear asked me about my home network and what i was running... ( 6 systems two public Ips)
    anyway, my buddy was connected thru my router, but
    was'nt getting any dataflow.. ( his nic is screwed ) He gets the bright idea of reseting the router...

Now... I have my main main machine pulling flow and my linux box grabbing it thru the router ( which is networked off the main box)

My mail server and FTP server which are off the router as welll are dead, and cant get a valid IP.

Because the router is reset, it's not passing the ports anymore and I cant connect to the linux box from outside....

So i was standing there talking about and thinking out loud about changing the Linux connection from the router to the pci hub in my main box.... I said D@^m i cant do that, it'd pull to many public IP's from the ISp.....

One of the guys looks at me and says "Mike? Do you realize that you are arguing with yourself??? "

Geez I feel foolish......
    [url]I got nothing/url]

For clarity's sake, don't use "<ip address of hostname>" use the ACTUAL 32-bit numeric IP address of the machine.

hahahahaha

did you feel dumb for talking out loud?

I run multiple ventures that are mostly interconnected with each other... you should hear me pull off a "CEO" meeting

I've been caught talking out loud to myself many times, I feel that it's a very embarassing situation. Sometimes even singing (well, I guess singing is somewhat reasonalble,) but me singing is not a pleasant sight. Especially when singing to Britney Spears!

Originally posted by Synthetic
    I've been caught talking out loud to myself many times, I feel that it's a very embarassing situation. Sometimes even singing (well, I guess singing is somewhat reasonalble,) but me singing is not a pleasant sight. Especially when singing to Britney Spears!
    I've been caught doing the same, especially when I've forgotten that I have had headphones on and people can hear me singing with no music

I've learned my lesson and if I'm going to sing, I make sure that the stereo is up load enough to drown out my horrible voice

--Shaun

PS:

I've also been caught talking to myself... people have stayed out thinking I've been on the phone and then looked at the DSS keys on the telephone and seen that I wasn't. This usually happens late at night when I'm working on things

--Shaun
    Shaun Ewing
    shaun.net

Originally posted by Synthetic
    ugh!! singing to britney lol not good but i guess if your busy or somthing not thinking

I get caught talking to myself all the time. I just say, "Around here, the only way to have an intelligent conversation is to talk to myself."

Shuts 'em up every time.