* Must see : Extremelly Professional Template For Sale

We are about to start a web services company soon, so we would like to do things cheap to fill in our portfolio, our site is in development process, we have designed 3 professional sites (contact us to have a look), and willing to do more for cheap yet quality designs.

While it`s still time to fill out our portfolio, we will charge you at a really cheap price (contact us) for a professional custom made template (while our portfolio needs to be filled).

===================================

What you should know about this template :

1. It will not be resold, it is unique to your company.
    2. You can request minor modifications to suit your company.
    3. You will get the main page and sub page HTML files, all of the sources (PSD, fonts, and related).
    4. The logo is included in the template.

The price for this template is : $225

The template is attached in this thread. (Low quality preview)

Please contact us via MSN Messenger : [email protected]
    or PM us ASAP.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails template.jpg  
    Last edited by ahamdani; 07-20-2002 at 06:46 PM.

Nice design btw, but i think 225 is higher than what it's worth

Wow, nice one. I think you should sell it for little less like $150 or something and if its too good, it'll go up! Nice design!

Hi Guys! I think it would be nice if we all refrained from making comments that such and such designer's price was too high.

I think its high time a rule was created that other competitors should not give comments on somebody else's work (especially negative comments) unless it was specifically asked for.

You wouldn't appreciate it too much if someone posted similar comments (even though your comments aren't really so harsh) in one of your threads about your designs, right? But even if you do not mind similar comments yourselves, I don't think it gives any of us reasons to make such comments about others in their own threads unless they specifically ask for it.

1. A simple design sometimes is kept simple for specific reasons best known to the creator of the design.

2. All not-so-simple designs don't necessarily mean that they are better than simple designs.

3. The golden rule in design was, is and will always be... simplicity is better than complexity. where simplicity does the job just as effectively, better to leave it simple.

I hope you take my post in the right spirit! Thanks!
    Chang Lee - Professional Designer
    (for Print, Television & Internet media)

Originally posted by Dejavuth
    how do you know what it's worth??

Originally posted by Dejavuth
    I care to disagree. It's a decent template and $225 is a good price. Maybe even too low for what it's "worth."

Originally posted by Synthetic

I care to disagree. It's a decent template and $225 is a good price. Maybe even too low for what it's "worth."

Well here on WHT couple of people have purchased even better designs liek this one for less money! thats just the way WHT is!

Originally posted by m3trans1t

how do you know what it's worth??
    We all know something is only worth what the market will pay. I think all these posters are trying to say is that the WHT market in general won't go for a price that high. If the designer can find someone who thinks it's "worth" more elsewhere more power to them.

I don't personally think it's out of line to give someone advice on price as long as it's constructive. Saying something like "That design sucks, I wouldn't pay $5 for it!" is out of line but telling someone a small adjustment may help it sell better is just friendly advice.

(Although, now that I think about it the seller probably would have figured it out on their own if it didn't sell but even so you have to look at the spirit of the post and I don't think these people where trying to be malicious) ... Ok, my ranting/thinking out loud is over now.

Just MHO.
    Andrew Lee, President
    Bravo Communications LLC
    http://www.BravoCommunications.net
    "Talk is Cheap. Free Speech Isn't."

Design worth as much as being asked for, whenever your wish to pay for it or not is entirely different matter. I for one wouldn't even consider doing a design for $225 because it would simply be a waste of my time. The way a price of service and design is a service, not merchandise, is figured out in the real world is the time spent multiplied by the hourly rate. The hourly rate however is calculated in a much more complicated manner and includes such things as cost of running business and business plan.

I'm also very much surprised to see that many people on this board are accustomed to seeing kiddy designs and expect to all work to be priced as if it was done by somebody with no life expenses of any kind.

Just to give some sense of reality here to those people who think that $225 is too high, an average studio charges about $100-$150 an hour for an intermediate designer... creative director will cost you about $200-250 an hour. Late 2000 before internet thing crashed, these rates were about 25% higher and now are growing again. So when somebody asks you for $55/h try not to look so surprised because he gets to keep around $10-15 of the amount.

just my $20

Originally posted by alexdg
    Design worth as much as being asked for
    Not True. I may think my car is worth $100,000 but that doesn't make it so. If you price yourself higher than consumers are willing to pay you will not be in business long.

I'm not saying this or any other design is not worth what is being asked, and I completely understand how to price a service, but in a free market economy the market sets the price... that's economics 101.

If the "WHT Market" is looking for kiddy designs at dirt cheap prices so be it. This just may not be the place to try to sell a quality template for what it's actually worth. That's all I'm saying.
    Andrew Lee, President
    Bravo Communications LLC

what happened here?

If some of you guys think the price is too high, just PM me or something, u shouldnt post it to public, now this thread has become a place to debate about market pricing..

If some of you guys think the price is too high, just PM me or something, u shouldnt post it to public...
    EXACTLY MY POINT TOO.

A private message or email would be construed as genuinely 'helping' by giving some 'friendly' advice...

it doesn't 'help' at all to make such posts in public and the original poster definitely doesn't get the feeling that you're trying to be a 'friend' if such posts are made publicly.
    Chang Lee - Professional Designer
    (for Print, Television & Internet media)

Geez, I feel badly for you, ahamdani. You started this thread to try to sell a template, and it ends up being taken way off track as a topic that should be in the WHT Lounge.

Both you and Chang Lee are correct in your comments. Regardless of good intentions, nobody is doing you any favors by posting remarks about your pricing. The only really helpful venue for that is PM, not within the thread itself that is trying to sell the template.

I hope for your sake folks here realize that the thread really should be brought back on topic so that you don't have to wait 5 days to try again...

Good luck in the sale.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

You're right ahamdani I'm very sorry. I didn't mean to take the thread so far off topic. I think the template is very nice and worth your price. I just think some people are getting a bit too sensitive about posts, but that certainly isn't something I should have tried to discuss here.

Good luck with the sale and I promise no more talk of market economy on your thread.

EDIT: The up side to all this is that all of the posting has kept this thread in the top of the list when it normally would have scrolled off.
    Andrew Lee, President
    Bravo Communications LLC

LOL

the tpl seems to be pretty nice, but the quality of this "low quality preview" is too low IMO.

and for those who wanna discuss prices - read the post by Vito here.