View Poll Results: Which do you prefer as a reseller?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plesk w/ all the add-on modules

10 18.87%
  • cPanel/WHM

43 81.13%

* Plesk or cPanel/WHM

Which do Resellers prefer, PLESK or cPanel/WHM, when managing their reseller account?

I prefer cPanel/WHM . Love the rich features the control panel supply.
    Affordable Managed Hosting Solutions for Professional & Business since 2001
    Mxhub.com - Global : USA - UK - Canada - Europe - Asia Pacific

I think most resellers prefer whm/cpanel.

I voted for Cpanel/WHM because I am using them and I think they are best on the net right now.

next voted for cPanel / WHM , very user firendly

In general resellers go for cPanel/WHM
    Imageleet.com - Premium Hosting Solutions Since 2006
    Shared Hosting, FFmpeg Hosting, Linux VPS and Dedicated Solutions.
    SSD, Litespeed powered, R1soft, cPanel | Softaculous | Rvsitebuilder + FFmpeg, Mencoder, Mplayer, Flvtool2, x264
    http://www.imageleet.com

Cpanel provide way more features and its very user friendly (although its buggy).
    Plesk seems more lite and consuming less resources.
    Anyway My vote to cPanel/WHM.

I have just left my Virtuozzo / Plesk 8.1 dedicated server for a WHM / cPanel 11 dedicated server. I was put in a corner and had to make the jump.

So far... I miss Virtuozzo and Plesk

Plesk IMHO is definately a lot more stable and easier to work with however it is very simplified in the fact that it does not have anywhere near the amount of features and addons that you get with cPanel. Also there is much more support available for cPanel compared to Plesk. The SWSOFT forums are patheticly slow and not much use if you need answers NOW!

So in summary.... I think once I get used to WHM / cPanel I'm sure I love it also. I just hope it doesn't take me too long to get my head around it.

Due to the amount of support available with WHM / cPanel I would have to also cast my vote towards WHM & cPanel.

Cheers,

Rob

Cpanel/WHM

I prefer cPanel/WHM because the WHM-api is much easier to apply then the plesk API. Also there aren't that many billing/customer-scripts that function with plesk.

Definitly cPanel/WHM because is pretty much easier, and it has more features.

cPanel/WHM the #1
    WHMCS Services / City Tecks
    WHMCS Development | Blesta / WISECP Developer

cPanel/WHM holds my heart! I have used Plesk briefly in a previous version, and noticed that although the GUI is very purdy indeed, it was copied by Virtuoso, and can easily get on my nerves. I am highly impressed by the bug-cleaning done in cPanel 11, and the overall speed of it. It's running much faster than Plesk did when I used it, and in contrast to previous comments stated in this post, is very very stable. I haven't had a problem with it yet!

We offer servers, VPS, and reseller accounts with cPanel/WHM, Plesk, DirectAdmin, and Confixx. Over the past 3 years we see fewer and fewer new customer signing up for Plesk. cPanel is clearly the most popular control panel for both, resellers and single domain webhosts. Part of the reason is that the only problem we saw with cPanel until some time ago, security, is not that big issue anymore -- cPanel programmers have worked on that. Also, every and each software upgrade with Plesk created tons of issues, not so with cPanel.

John
    Serving the U.S. and Europe ••• BASIC Networks Corp.
    VPS • Dedicated Servers • Racks
    Hosting & Reseller Hosting
    eNom Domain Registration Reseller • WHMCS Domain Reseller Accounts

Wink cPanel & Plesk

It's depend, I use:

cPanel under *nix and Plesk under WINDOWS.

Love both...

I remember in my prime when I was a large reseller hoster I had 11 WHM/cPanel server, 1 Plesk server and 1 Ensim server. So, the majority would goto WHM/cPanel from my experience.
    Carolina Hosting Services
    http://www.carolinahosting.net | @CarolinaHosting | Facebook.com/CarolinaHosting
    VMware | cPanel | Linux | Softaculous | 16 Years Hosting Experience

Quote Originally Posted by Johnn View Post
    We offer servers, VPS, and reseller accounts with cPanel/WHM, Plesk, DirectAdmin, and Confixx. Over the past 3 years we see fewer and fewer new customer signing up for Plesk. cPanel is clearly the most popular control panel for both, resellers and single domain webhosts. Part of the reason is that the only problem we saw with cPanel until some time ago, security, is not that big issue anymore -- cPanel programmers have worked on that. Also, every and each software upgrade with Plesk created tons of issues, not so with cPanel.

John
    John, I hear you on those updates. We were actually scared to run them because we knew under Plesk and Ensim something would break after a upgrade and it was no fun fixing. Plesk and Ensim are like newboard babies in a way, you loose sleep lol.
    Carolina Hosting Services
    http://www.carolinahosting.net | @CarolinaHosting | Facebook.com/CarolinaHosting
    VMware | cPanel | Linux | Softaculous | 16 Years Hosting Experience

Count my vote as 30 votes. When I switched servers last fall (from Plesk to C-Panel), 30 of my customers contacted me to express their gratitude for Cpanel.

cPanel/WHM is more reliable and has more features.

Cpanel gets my vote.

Cpanel/whm is the best panel. Specially there scripts makes them so easy to handle.

cpanel rocks. though sometime it takes years !! to fix some bugs ..

voted for cPanel.
    Although I haven't had much experience with Plesk we did decide to use Plesk on our offsite support server and it has some nice features.
    Who knows maybe as I use plesk more it will grow on me, for now though it's a case of right how do I do this?