Question WHM error - Hostname A Entry Missing!

Has any one seen this error? I have never seen this untill today. I am guessing it was due to some type of WHM Update or Bug Date if you will.

When you logon to the WHM you get a pop up and it tells you the following:

Hostname A Entry Missing!
    The server was unable to lookup an an A entry for its hostname (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx). This is generally because the entry was never added. However this could also be the result of your nameserver(s) being down. If you would like to attempt to automaticlly add the entry, Click Here.

The server is running fine and the domains are resolving fine as well.

I click and confirm the IP is right but the error still comes back.

Thanks for any help.

On a newer server I'm also getting that message, everytime. I don't know how to stop it, but everythings working fine. Does anyone know how to stop this message?

Yes

Go to "Change Hostname" under the server setup menu, and adding the server name will automatically add an A entry.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Jedito,

Thanks...... That did it!

You D Man!
    Dale Crow
    GH1 Web Hosting, Inc.
    http://GH1.com
    The attention span of a computer is only as long as its power cord.

Originally posted by CrowMan
    Jedito,

You D Man!
    Yes, I know, LOL
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Well change over one more server and the new server is getting the old "Hostname A Entry Missing!" Again.

I went to "Change Hostname" under the server setup menu, and the server name was in the box unlike the last time. I saved it and the server still comes up with the same error.

You only see this error if you go all of the way out of the web browser and close all of the browsers.

Any thoughts?
    Dale Crow
    GH1 Web Hosting, Inc.
    http://GH1.com
    The attention span of a computer is only as long as its power cord.

Check that your hostname actually resolves to an IP address which is same as your server primary IP.

This you can setup manually using Edit a DNS Zone.
    Dedicated Servers cPanel Shared/Reseller Hosting
    VPS Backups Cloud Colocation Managed Services
    Webx Networks Serving world wide since 1997