Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

BurstNet Screwed Me Again

Hello Everyone,
    I have been screwed up by BurstNet again. This is the second major screw up.
    I will not disclose the full details yet. I am waiting till tomorrow.
    All I can say now is, my server is up but no site is resolving to the DNS. All sites are down.
    It has been like that since yesterday morning. They told me the server was hacked. They are re-installing it. Now the server is up but they have removed all the ips on the server except one. The name server on the machine cannot even resolve. I tried to add the ips, I was unable. The server rejected me.
    I tried to do a reboot from the WHM, I was rejected too saying I have no permission.
    In as much as I can see if the server was really hacked, but why will they removed all my IPS from the server?
    Why will the server be up, but all my sites are down?
    I have over over 15 resellers on that server. They are all sending me email about taking me to court. I already told them what the situation is. I will file legal complain by tomorrow noon if my sites are not up. Most of my resellers have agreed to file complain with me too. I have paid for the server hosting fee, and I am entitle to the service.
    So I am just waiting till noon.

All this started from their billing department overcharged me, but I will not get into that yet . That is another story. I will disclose that whole story here tomorrow or after I talk to my attorney. I will say this, I will definitely file a complain at the New Brunswick Municipal court in NJ if I am not offered the service I paid for.

I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks, we love to hear issues with hosting companies as it will help many prospective customers in their decision later on..

As you said keep us posted..

Re: BurstNet Screwed Me Again

Originally posted by jah_people

Why will the server be up, but all my sites are down?
    How is BIND ??
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

try /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart
    then /etc/rc.d/init.d/named

and see if Apache and Bind start.
    Last edited by The3bl; 07-20-2002 at 06:55 AM.

I have got many experience with them

What do you mean the machine does not have any IP it is seeing?

What I mean, the machine does not have any ip. I tried to add the ips they gave me that I was using, I was unable.
    When you click on the Show ips in the WHM, it shows you only one ip.
    So how will the sites show up if their ips are not in the server?

Like I said, I will keep you all posted. I do not want to go into details yet. But I will sure do if I have to. At this point, I am just waiting to see what they do. I have talked to my clients and resellers. They all understand. So I am not worried.
    I am just keeping my cool.

I have poken again to one of their support guy name Paul.
    He promised to fix the problem, and surely he has fixed the problem. Not all the sites are coming up as of yet, but all the ipless sites are coming up now.
    I will call again around 9:30 EST when all their staff are there.
    At least some of my sites are up now.
    I will keep you all posted.

can't you just add the ip's by yourself? you have root password, don't you? so you can login through ssh and reboot the server by command 'reboot'.

As Aussie Bob and Monte said, are BIND and APACHE up? You can check it through ssh too.

If You need help PM me. I can also give you reseller account for few days if you want to be back online now.

good luck

The bind and Apache are up running fine, but I just do not know why some of the sites are down. Now some site are resolving to just http// without the www.

That is going to be in the httpd.conf and the way the sites Vitrual Host is configured.

should have: alias www.domain.com domain.com
    entry so it resolves to either one.
    Last edited by The3bl; 07-20-2002 at 08:47 AM.

Why do you post so soon? People hardly give hosts a chance and post before reasonable attempts to remedy the situation are sought.

hosticle,
    when something is happening to your server and you have customers who complain and you don't know what is going on it drives you crazy

i cannot complain too much on burst/nocster, the only thing were network issues and the way they set up my server, when i rebooted it the server was waiting for someone to choose boot option i talked to Keith (if I remember correct) and she fixed that right away (at least i hope so, i did not reboot it since then)

Re: BurstNet Screwed Me Again

How is the server getting cracked their fault? It's your fault for not securing your server, or contacting support to upgrade software for you since you have a managed server.

They didn't "remove" all of the IP addresses. They were deleted either when the server was cracked or when they reinstalled the operating system. They just didn't readd the IP addresses. That's your job. If you don't know how or if they didn't do something right, then contact support for help. If they're not doing something right, they'll fix it. If you need something done, they'll do it. If you don't like their service, then move.

It sounds like you either don't understand what's going on or you don't know what you're doing. It also sounds like you're not telling both sides of the story.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Originally posted by VIPsNet
    hosticle,
    when something is happening to your server and you have customers who complain and you don't know what is going on it drives you crazy
    Yes, I have 12 of them - but I dont post here when anything goes wrong with any of them - I get it sorted out. Sure, sometimes companies are unresponsive and you can feel like you would get further talking to a brick wall - but there are better means to an end.

I'm just so tired of hearing one-sided stories posted before the other side has a chance to sort it out.

Also annoys me when people dont know their way around a server - but I'll save that one for later

<removed>

Board Moderators I am sorry if I go this far.

<<MOD NOTE: It went too far. You are free to repost the general points without attacking others>>
    Last edited by Chicken; 07-20-2002 at 12:01 PM.

Jah_People,

I know you're frustrated but this is not your personal sounding board.

If you post, people are going to reply.

If you take it upon yourself to admonish others for their reply when (From what it looks like rational talk, not irrational as you have stated), you will sorely be kicked for it.

If you do not need people's BS, beat it lol
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Originally posted by jah_people
    . . . . . . . . . . .
    This is between me and BurstNet. . . . . . . .
    If you don't want others' opinions; then keep it that way instead of complaining on a public bulletin board.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Once again, to satisfy a fool give him the right. You are right.
    So can't you be happy Samuel Doe LOL!
    Like I said, I am not going into detail what happened between me and BurstNet. You guys want me to explain the whole thing, but I am not going to do it. If you want to know, go ask BurstNet.
    I said what I think is enough, and I got help from some good people that just don't talk because they have mouth.
    Again Samuel, I have nothing to say to you. I am not going into war of words with you. You might not have better things to do. So why don't you go all over the WHT and try to peek your nose into people's talk? Go..help your self.
    Again, I have said what I have to say. The founders of these forums I believe created these forum for people like us to once in a while voice our frustration. If you do not like that, then talk to Matt and co.
    This is my last response to this thread. I am done with it.

You have a good day.
    Last edited by jah_people; 07-20-2002 at 12:12 PM.

Dang and I had just pulled up the easy chair a cooler full of drinks, made a sandwich and was ready to sit back and watch the fur fly.

Oh well back to work;-(

*Will not post in this thread anymore since it is owned by (jah_people)

Samuel Doe? What the heck does that mean? My name is Samuel lol

You're complaining anonymously on this board, maybe this is all BS and you are just wanting to hurt a provider?
    dotGig

btw, I have business with Burst so quit telling me where to go k?

If I want to post in "Your" thread how it looks awfully suspicious that you are wanting to complain and moan yet not take any comments by anyone, I will.

I don't have to be beligerant to do it.
    dotGig

any idea how did your server got hacked?

I'm sorry. I must be reading this wrong. Do you have a managed server with them? If not, then why complain about them when it is your lack of knowledge that allowed a server to be hacked?
    WeedBiz™ provides comprehensive internet marketing services for the emerging legal cannabis industry in the United States and Canada.

Wait, this is strange: You post on a public forum to share your experience with Burstnet, but you don't post any "details" and just claim that Burstnet screwed you?

You said you are not going to participate in this thread anymore, but you haven't given us any support of your claims. I demand to see those proofs.

I personally don't think too highly of burstnet because of the many complaints I have seen about them. But every provider deserves a fair chance to explain themselves. Just because they have wronged a thousand times still doesn't mean you can add one to it without any proof.

I would like to request a moderator to remove this thread unless the poster validates his claims. If someone from burst can explain this issue, that would be good.

(Again, as I said, I am not pro-burstnet, and I have nothing against you personally, this is about being fair).

Peter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast