cyberwings and hosting

Well I was paying a host $15 a month for my website. I didn't get any support from him, had a slow download/upload time, and then he decided to raise his monthly rates. So, I went to cyberwings which was cheap. Ok, now I have been walked over by 2 hosts .. one expensive and one cheap. So, it isn't necessarily "you get what you paid for". It's do more homework on finding a good, reliable host.

I use www.dixiesys.com . They are reliable, have good service, good prices, great tech support. I have been with them for several months now and am pleased.
    Hosted by www.dixiesys.com

You might also want to give dot5hosting a try..........I transferred all six of my sites there now, the tech support is great.............sites were up in a matter of hours,prices are very affordable and download/upload times have been very good too.

You can check them out here www.dot5hosting.com

Sparrow

Also try lightningservers.net.

They were very flexible with their plans and the sales person was quick and knowledgeable. I just opened my account. Hope this works out bettern CW.

I'm hosted with jatol.com and couldn't be more happier!

www.manlius.com

They got me back up very quickly and the connection speed flies!

Their support is excellent with very fast response times to your questions. Why they even have a telephone number!

Best of Luck

Go with flohost, its who im going with.

Great prices, great features and response time is very quick especially when you post in the forums.

hmm, don't know about www.manlius.com They only have eight banner ads on their home page

I'll be darned, they really do have eight cheesey banners!
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Re: cyberwings and hosting

Originally posted by crazylady
    Well I was paying a host $15 a month for my website. I didn't get any support from him, had a slow download/upload time, and then he decided to raise his monthly rates. So, I went to cyberwings which was cheap. Ok, now I have been walked over by 2 hosts .. one expensive and one cheap. So, it isn't necessarily "you get what you paid for". It's do more homework on finding a good, reliable host.
    I take it cyber was the cheap host. Who was the expensive host?
    intellec
    ....you get what you pay for and you pay for what you get....

I use quite a few hosts for my domains.

JaguarPC
    I guess you can say I've been with them the longest. My host Palmversa got bought by them and not too long ago I was transferred to the main JagPC servers. No problems on my end and the one support ticket I sent in was answered promptly.

Splashhost
    I love the service at Splashhost. I have been with them since Dec. 2001 and while the beginning was kind of rough due to the fork bomb incident, I like the quick support and nice uptime.

I also use Cyberpixels, but at the moment they have server issues (I'm not affected) so I can't recommend them right now.

The latest host is Hostpacket, which so far has been great. The account was set up in an hour and things have been running smoothly. But I've only been with them for several days. This is the replacement for my Cyberwings account, by the way.
    It makes no difference which one of us you vote for. Either way, your planet is doomed... DOOMED!