i would recommend www.GoDaddy.com or www.Enom.com
The user panel @ go daddy is a breeze to make any changes including ownership changes, should you ever sell the name. it's free to transfer ownership. Also setting up the DNS is swift & very easy.
1. You type yourdomain.com into your browser.
2. Your browser goes to the central domain name registry and looks up yourdomain.com
3. It sees that the nameservers associated with your yourdomain.com are pointing to hostingcompany.com.
4. Your browser then goes to hostingcompany.com and asks for the yourdomain.com website.
5. hostingcompany.com sends the files to your browser and the website is displayed.
So once you register yourdomain.com, you can POINT it (using the nameservers associated with the domain name) to any hosting company.
In this way, the hosting and domain registration are two completely seperate services.
Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider. * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!