View Poll Results: How many % of visitors that click on your Live Chat button actually chat with you?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • We don't have Live Chat on our website..

23 54.76%
  • < 10%

9 21.43%
  • 10%-30%

3 7.14%
  • 31%-60%

3 7.14%
  • 61%-90%

2 4.76%
  • > 90%

2 4.76%

How many do actually chat with you?

I was just wondering, out of the visitors that come to your website and click on your Live Chat button, how many do actually chat with you? From our experience, it seems people are mostly testing that button and close it when they see there's actually someone on the other side, hehe.
    (SH)Saeed

Alot of ppl just use that feature as a test....
    If you take to long to respond to that...Imagine what will happen when trouble tickets get placed.

From our experience, it seems people are mostly testing that button and close it when they see there's actually someone on the other side, hehe
    I hate when that happens

To give an answer on your question aswell, I think it's about 80% of them. Rather high uh

Hi!

We don't have live chat feature on our website.

If you want real chat, from you clients, you may want to give out your ICQ num or anything.

We are actually chatting with our clients through ICQ. Although, we don't give out ICQ number in our website -- only here in WHT.
    Chatting can build understanding and goodwill and friendship. It will lighten up the tension for both parties and will make it easy to relay honest comments and suggestions.

EDIT: When you have live chat, make sure you are available most of the time. Assign learned staff in rotation. (3 different time zones perhaps - but this could be costly). You don't want to create an impression that the support is sleeping, right?

Last edited by Ganah ALLAN; 07-19-2002 at 07:18 PM.
    I help entrepreneurs develop online branding. I value my clients and build relationships. I am a friend.
    Let me assist you with your website design, logo design and other graphics needs.
    Ganah Solutions, a brand creation agency. Solidify your brand. Connect your business.

I don't currently have live chat on my site, but when I did, about 50% of visitors to my website clicked used the live chat.

Originally posted by consul
    If you want real chat, from you clients, you may want to give out your ICQ num or anything.
    We have Live Chat, ICQ, AIM, etc and they're all listed on our website. I think it's good to have a live chat even though at times it might get annoying when people click it and don't chat. Even though you might not be online all the time, I don't think it makes you look bad in any way. Just because your sales staff are not online, doesn't mean your tech staff isn't either. Our Live Chat is not for support, but for sales only. It gives clients the option to chat with us and ask their questions, get a feel of how we run our business. You know what I'm getting at?
    (SH)Saeed

I would say about 35% click the button and about 5% really want to talk.

But I find that my customers like it when they have a quick question they pop on and ask. If the question is very detailed we ask them to submit a ticket instead but if it is simple we handle it live.

Overall I would l say it adds to our customer satisfaction index and if it does that it is good.

Probably about 75% talk to us. In fact, so many talk that we have now made it pre-sales related only. It's often too difficult to give accurate tech support via live chat. The little things we answer immediately, but the trickier issues we request they email us.

I would say having live chat on our site accounts for about 20% extra sales each week.
    Web Hosting since 1999

You know what I hate is sites that have the live chat open AUTOMATICALLY (RackSpace *cough*). That's when I just close it.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

You know what I hate is sites that have the live chat open AUTOMATICALLY (RackSpace *cough*). That's when I just close it.
    Ask them why they're spamming your client base and that window closes by itself. Must hate other companies starting with "Rack".

As for our own clients, we don't provide ICQ numbers on the website but myself and a handful of support guys use the service and we've all been tracked down by existing / potential clients for chats now and again. Most people are really impressed by the fact someone'll actually take time out of their day to talk with them and discuss package plans and moving options, adds a personal touch which'll bring in new clients every time.

-Matt

Originally posted by ToastyX
    I've had the RS sales people recommend me to other companies, sit and chat, help me out with XML... They've been very supportive. If people are looking for highly managed expensive solutions I send them to RackSpace (that's not sarcastic, I'm being honest)
    ::: Jeremy C. Wright :::
    http://www.ensight.org

I voted <10%, but I don't have Live Chat on my site, rather I counted ICQ/AIM as "Live Chat"

*shrug* I guess I kind of consider them one and the same. Unfortunately I can't staff a live chat room 24/7 for my personal hosting biz, so I use ICQ & AIM and simply mark when I am available. When I am around, I only have a couple of clients who really use it.

Bailey

I tried several of the Web chat thingies over the last couple years and don't trust any of them to work properly. I stick with ICQ and AIM and publish the addies on my site, as well as my phone number. That's proven to be good enough.

I think we get over 90% of our clients that click on it, actually chat. I rarely have anyone not chat that click on it.

Which of these programs works best? I am assuming that you are talking about things like phplive and such? I would be interested in some recommendations.

-Robert
    Hosting, VDS, and Colocation Solutions
    by Digital Isles, Inc.
    http://www.digitalisles.com

Arrow

On one of my sites, which is not related to hosting, but is an E-commerce storefront, about 70% of the users actually chat with us. The rest say either "hi, hey, or hello." Once we respond, they disappear...