Running off a cable modem?

We are currently in the process of having a T1 installed and the time to delivery will take about 45 days. Now, you add that with the time it takes to transfer everything to the new location, you got about 50 days. Unfortunately, we want out of our current co-lo environment at the end of our term which is in 40 days.

Now, my question is, while this is not our most desired situation, it might be our last resort . . .

Would it be wise to run our network on a cable modem in the interim? This would mean about 15 days on the cable modem.
    This would be a business account, from my understanding, 1.5 up and down.

Our current network uses a 1.5Mbps connection but only uses about 1/5th of that on average.

I know there would be reliability issues and security concerns but can it be done, at least for the 10 to 15 day interim?

Would it be wise and what should my concerns be? Any suggestions?

Stupid question, but is this a network, like a company network, or is this a webhosting network or something similar? Anyway, I would stay with your colo, I mean its only 15 days. If this is like a company network, I would say go ahead. If this is for a service like webhosting, I would say no. First off, whats the cost. I am assuming that you are getting a CIR of some time, since you said it was 1.5 mbits. Would they even allow webhosting? My question is how bad do you want out of your colo? You could just create more problems.
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

Well, it's for our own network, no web hosting other than our own web sites.

See, the 15 days seems ok but we would have to go into another terms, it's difficult to explain but that 15 days would cost us $5,000.00 verses the $200.00 we would probably spend with a cable modem.

What problems can we see? Again, this is just for our network, no web hosting.

Cable would probably be adequate for the two weeks you'll be down. I would double check that it really is 1.5mb both directions and not something like 1.5/128k. That would be a problem for sure.