Thread: ICD Soft

ICD Soft

Right now I am hosted with ICD Soft (http://www.icdsoft.com). They offer 333mb, 5gib transfer, unlimited email, and the best support I have seen. They installed my message board, and guestbook all in less then 30 minutes, and all other questions answered in less then 15 minutes (even at 2am). All this for 5 a month. Without thinking straight I signed up, and am happy. But now that I noticed what happened when cyberwings offered service that cheap, I am worried they may be next. I also recieved a weird call from http://www.verio.com saying that in 5 months they will go out, and I better move my files to them soon. Just that, no source or calls back. First I would like to know if anyone here has any expriense with this or heard anything. And if they do go under, I will be searching for a host similiar to them for a low price, any suggestions?

Hm, first , $5 is not unreasonably low; CW was WAY too low: yearly price for cheapest indiv. account was about half of the monthly price of even ICDSOFT!

Second, they have explained some reasons why they can make it cheap:
    support based in Europe
    DC in Hong Kong

I think ICDSoft might have low margins, but it's not like CW. CW was just way too low, period!

I have 6 more days before I can cancel wit ha refund. I love there service, their support is amazing, no problems, but still worried about the future. Should I keep and try them, or start looking again? Here is a recent log of times with them:
    13:31
    2:31
    0:07
    0:05
    0:08
    0:09
    0:04
    0:02
    0:01
    0:06
    0:03
    These are the time it took them to answer my questions. The 13:31 was to install my xmb message board for free. They are amazing, but should I be worried?

Originally posted by land195
    I have 6 more days before I can cancel wit ha refund. I love there service, their support is amazing, no problems, but still worried about the future. Should I keep and try them, or start looking again? Here is a recent log of times with them:
    13:31
    2:31
    0:09
    0:04
    0:06
    0:03
    These are the time it took them to answer my questions. The 13:31 was to install my xmb message board for free. They are amazing, but should I be worried?
    as long as it is month to month with no contracts then sure and if you are worried and what you should already do is to keep backups on your local harddrive so you dont lose everything in case it was to happen.

hope that helps

since when is support based in europe cheap?

Hi Land195,

I too have a couple of domains hosted at ICDSoft and am interested in what you've heard from Verio.

Could you please ask ICDSoft for clarifications and post their response? Thanks.

-ThickAsABrick.

Here is ICD's reply: "You should not worry, our price is not low, it's just reasonable. We are growing very fast and going more stable all the time.
    It is not that strange that a competing company would call you and try to lure you to change hosts, our fast growth and excellent service is scaring our competitors, they don't seem to be able to catch up with us."

If you want, here is Verio's phone number and the extension of the guy that called me:
    Daniel Tarango
    NTT/VERIO
    Internet Business Consultant
    866-531-5444 ext. 5410
    [email protected]
    All I was told was that they will be in service for only 5 months and I better switch to them to protect my site

What's really strange is that if you do a tracert to "icdsoft.com" or any domain hosted at icdsoft, the last few hops go through "verio.net".

So, does this imply that verio is icdsoft's bandwidth provider?

-ThickAsABrick.

Angel, cheaper than support in US? Probably.

Anyways, the DC in HK should shave some bucks for sure. However, you do lose some speed.

Average ping is about 200 ms, vs. 50-100 ms for a host in USA (for me at least).