Moving from one CPanel Server to a new one

I currently have several sites hosted on a server running WHM/CPanel that does not belong to me ... I am a reseller on that server.

I am purchasing my own dedicated server this week, and several of my clients run forums, and want to see no downtime with this move (though they understand that there will be a little). All domains are registered on my own personal nameservers (which are pointed at the current server). What is the easiest way to move my clients from the reseller server onto my own server?

I recall someone posting that there was a script to do this, that would move everything, including database dumps, over to the new server, but I may be remembering incorrectly. And then, as far as the nameservers go, I should just be able to change the IPs at my registrar, right?

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, and give me some ideas. TIA!

Well, searching through the docs for WHM, I see that it is possible if you have root access for the server that you are moving from ... which I don't, but I currently speaking with the owner to see if I can get him to help me move my sites.

Let's just hope he doesn't take me leaving too hard.

Melbourne, AU
    One of the newer features of CPanel is a 'back up your site' link.

Have you tried that method?

Back up your site does not move MySQL databases, email accounts, FTP settings, or any passwords.

If it were just my site, no big deal ... but since it's SEVERAL sites that belong to me, plus my clients' sites ... I need to move them quick.

Not a big deal though, as it looks like he will use my WHM on the new server to move it for me ... I'll set him a temporary password, and he won't have to give out the root pass.

If you had root, it would be a snap, but since you do not you will need to do the following:

1.) Tar up the user directories and send them over to the new server.
    2.) Dump out the contents of each database and set them up on the new server
    3.) Change the IP's to reflect the new sites. Be sure to do this right after you move the databases over, and do it on your least visited hour. This may mean staying up untill 3:00am, but your clients will thank you for it (if they even notice ).

Carlos from wizardshosting posted all of the files that need to be transferred, but I do not know if this will help you since you will need root access to transfer most of these.

Then again, it may be in your clients' best interests to tell them about the move and have them perform the transfer. They might be able to move the sites much better than you, as they know everything that is going on with them.

Let us know how it goes, and if you have any questions along the way, remember WHT is here to help!

<edit> I almost forgot, make sure you tell your clients about the IP change. Sometimes you will have people that check their email using the site IP, and they will not be able to check it unless they know the new IP (I ran into this problem a couple of times... so just be warned) </edit>