Question ServerHost - is good?

ServerHost - is good?

Search the forum archive, you will find past reviews/experience.

Peter

Usually they give you damn lies. Sometimes, though, it's only regular lies.
    WeedBiz™ provides comprehensive internet marketing services for the emerging legal cannabis industry in the United States and Canada.

Don't have experiences with ServerHost myself, but the datacenter they are in ( Global Compass ) is very good.

5. I have a server with them now. Support and network is good. However it did take about a week for me to get the server. Besides the long wait I have been very happy.

My server took 8 hours - no troubles here either

From my correspondences with Jeffrey Kehe a couple of weeks back, I found him to be both professional and helpful. Don't think you could go wrong with them.
    ONEfusion - We're All About Hosting
    WHM/Cpanel Hosting, VDS, colocation
    http://www.onefusion.com/
    DarkOrb Partner NOC

Jeffrey Kehe is a good guy to talk to.
    Norm Sherman @ Netacore
    Fast/Reliable cPanel hosting on premium bandwidth
    http://netacore.com

Just dont try and tee up a plesk license with him *jokes*

With all of these rave reviews of Serverhost, I've just got to butt in.
    Jeff Kehe is rude. His idea of technical support is, "so, what do you want ME to do about it?". When he doesn't pay his bills (which is often...ask DarkOrb), he blames things on other people. I was with them for about 3 months. The FIRST time my Cpanel license was cancelled it was because he was selling licenses that he wasn't supposed to. The SECOND time it happened was because he didn't pay for the licenses and got dumped as a partner NOC. Or at least that's what Nick at DarkOrb said on the phone. Now he gets them from Paradise Design, which gets them from PowerSurge.

[edit]
    I just saw the PowerSurge/PD extravaganza. So forget what I said about where he gets his licenses. I've got to get around here more often.
    [/edit]
    Last edited by WeedBiz; 07-20-2002 at 11:56 AM.
    WeedBiz™ provides comprehensive internet marketing services for the emerging legal cannabis industry in the United States and Canada.

hi

Can any existing customer tell me how much time it takes you guys to get REBOOT if server crashes!.

Because I tried calling there general support number at 2:00AM EST and nobody picked up the phone.

I also tried calling NOC number but I guess its non international number because I always got engaged tone.
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

ServerHost has not "30 days money back"!!

I agree with the one week wait for a server. I placed an order for a server on July 5. Considering it was a weekend, and a holiday weekend at that, I didn't expect anything until Monday, July 8.

On Friday, July 12, I received a terse notice with a URL to their billing center (the server was still not set up). Since I had found another company (raq4less) in the meantime, I just cancelled the account with ServerHost.

They may be a great company once things are set up, but I had seen enough to stay away.

Originally posted by vingrad
    ServerHost has not "30 days money back"!!
    I don't know if you are aware of this or not, but the majority of dedicated server providers will not have a 30 day money back guarantee, that is mostly for shared hosting environment. -

-Steven
    http://www.insiderhosting.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Cogent in One Wilshire, Los Angeles!
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

Originally posted by sbrad
    With all of these rave reviews of Serverhost, I've just got to butt in.
    Jeff Kehe is rude. His idea of technical support is, "so, what do you want ME to do about it?". When he doesn't pay his bills (which is often...ask DarkOrb), he blames things on other people. I was with them for about 3 months. The FIRST time my Cpanel license was cancelled it was because he was selling licenses that he wasn't supposed to. The SECOND time it happened was because he didn't pay for the licenses and got dumped as a partner NOC. Or at least that's what Nick at DarkOrb said on the phone. Now he gets them from Paradise Design, which gets them from PowerSurge.

[edit]
    I just saw the PowerSurge/PD extravaganza. So forget what I said about where he gets his licenses. I've got to get around here more often.
    [/edit]
    I apologize I came off as rude, I never meant to be rude. I was stressed out at the time. Now that we have staff in Atlanta, I'm a lot less stressed.

You are not speaking the truth about Cpanel Licenses. We never have sold an external Cpanel License in our history as a company. We do not get our licenses from Paradise Designs.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
    Located in Atlanta, GA and Los Angeles, CA
    Dedicated Servers, KVM, Xen & OpenVZ VPS, Co-location, R1Soft Data Backup, Shared & Reseller Hosting

Jeff-
    First, apology accepted. I'm glad to hear you got a staff there now. I know driving from SC so much was really taking a toll. BUT...it really did show, dude. Again, I'm glad you've got the relief.

Secondly, I never said you sold an external Cpanel license. What I was saying was that, the first time you had a problem with Cpanel licenses, Nick @ DarkOrb said it was because you did not complete the partner noc process, and that you were not authorized to distribute the "temporary licenses" (his words) that you had.
    When you had the problem a second time, I emailed [email protected] I received a phone call back from both Nick and
    Dave, and Nick said you had lost your partner noc status. So I contacted Timmy for a license, and he said he was providing you your licenses since the revocation. So, in response to, "You are not speaking the truth about Cpanel Licenses", I would say one, you mis-read what I was saying and two, that's just what I was told. Take that for what it's worth.

Best wishes and all.

Well, my server is UP for 9 days now...
    network works ok, It had packet loss for some days, but then they upgraded a Router and seems to be okey (or sometimes 2% loss) I'm with the COGENT bw.
    The speed is good, at least for me I get from 500Kb/s to 1.3 Mb/s from the uunet ftp.
    Latency is higher then others (this is maybe for the cogent only bw) a friend in Canada tell me It have 130ms to my server while 25ms and 60ms to other (multi bw) servers he have.

EDIT/
    .........................................................................................
    a lot of hot thinkgs here...
    .........................................................................................
    EDIT/

... but finally was all my fault ...
    never play with chmod too much ... is dangerous

Sorry Jkehe ... I was reaaaally upset about this
    if you just ... droped me a line saying "hi, im here"

Anyway... server is okey again.
    and is fast ...

but people .... get the managed one !!

Regards.
    Last edited by cascompany; 07-25-2002 at 12:26 AM.

Cascompany, Webhostingtalk.com is not a support forum for Serverhost. In the future, please e-mail or call for requests. Thanks.
    Last edited by qps; 07-25-2002 at 01:13 AM.
    [QuickPacket™] [AS46261]
    Located in Atlanta, GA and Los Angeles, CA
    Dedicated Servers, KVM, Xen & OpenVZ VPS, Co-location, R1Soft Data Backup, Shared & Reseller Hosting

Well having no staff and being stressed explains some of it - I'm glad to see that things are improving for you Jeff.

You really should have communicated more with your clients at the time, might have saved some bad feelings.

Now that you have CPanel all stable, I hope that you do provide these guys with a good service.

Anyways, good luck