Hybrid View

cancelling subscriptions with mchost!

Call me a bad customer but I have been asking for well over 2 weeks now to have my account cancelled and a refund for being accidentally billed as it hasnt been cancelled despite it being twice assured it was done.

Submitting tickets to the billing section of mchost seemingly just get ignored, I dont know what to do?

I dont want to start getting into legality of things, but after being patient for 2 weeks and not getting any responses except saying "this ticket has been forwarded to Marc" no responses have been given since the original response saying it had been cancelled which it hadnt.

Has any one else had this problem?!?! I am becoming very annoyed and legal advice (small claims court) seems like the only viable option.

h4hosting
    Charlie

Mchost uses Paysystems.com as their credit card processing partner. You can cancel your own account at - http://secure.paysystems1.com/cardholder
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Cool i think i will do that but I want some compensation from mchost not least an apology and refund.

Re: cancelling subscriptions with mchost!

Originally posted by h4hosting
    Submitting tickets to the billing section of mchost seemingly just get ignored, I dont know what to do?
    They haven't been ingored, but we had a corrupt ticket database yesterday early morning, which caused the replies to get lost. Your payments have already been cancelled and refunded.
    Marc Wyss - marc@mchost.com
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com

Re: cancelling subscriptions with mchost!

Originally posted by h4hosting
    Call me a bad customer but I have been asking for well over 2 weeks now to have my account cancelled and a refund for being accidentally billed as it hasnt been cancelled despite it being twice assured it was done.
    I had this problem, too. But instead, it went on for two months. They continued to bill me and did not make corrections for previous invalid chanrges. I eventually had to take it up with Paysystems.com

Re: Re: cancelling subscriptions with mchost!

Originally posted by justageek

I had this problem, too. But instead, it went on for two months. They continued to bill me and did not make corrections for previous invalid chanrges. I eventually had to take it up with Paysystems.com
    When you opened your account with them, you would have got the payment confirmation email from paysystems.com. In this email was the link - http://secure.paysystems1.com/cardholder where you can make changes to your account information etc. There's no reason whatsoever for folks to be billed beyond their time of service. The above link was always accessable to yourself and you always had the power to cancel your recurring payment.

yea that's true.. you guys should read your emails more often.. the first email you get after using paysystems is an invoice which contains that link.. doh!
    I have servers at: NetDepot/GNAX (A), SoftLayer (A), LiquidWeb (B+), DedicatedNow (B+), Nectartech (B) and more!

Originally posted by universal2001
    yea that's true.. you guys should read your emails more often.. the first email you get after using paysystems is an invoice which contains that link.. doh!
    The e-mail I got had this in it:
    "The charge will appear as PaySystems.com, Inc. on your credit card statement. You may review order status online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by visiting http://secure.paysystems1.com/cardholder"

That doesn't indicate anything about using Paysystems to cancel your account. That's the host's responsibility, otherwise they would direct you to Paysystems in the first place.

"The charge will appear as PaySystems.com, Inc. on your credit card statement. You may review order status online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by visiting http://secure.paysystems1.com/cardholder"

That doesn't indicate anything about using Paysystems to cancel your account. That's the host's responsibility, otherwise they would direct you to Paysystems in the first place.
    Paysystems.com should have been more clear, BUT if you had of inspected that link, you would have found all the options for you to change things like - your contact details, your credit card number and also to stop future recurring payments.

It's your money - it's your responsibility.

Originally posted by Aussie Bob
    It's your money - it's your responsibility.
    Yes, eventually it was, wasn't it? Too bad it had to come to that.

Re: Re: cancelling subscriptions with mchost!

Originally posted by Kiwi

They haven't been ingored, but we had a corrupt ticket database yesterday early morning, which caused the replies to get lost. Your payments have already been cancelled and refunded.
    Hmmmm, mine too? I "cancelled" on May 25th and have since had TWO deductions by Paysystems. I just got a response, with an apology to my last Trouble Ticket - and I appreciate that - but there was no mention of a refund for the two erroneous charges .

It would be nice to know...
    If you are too busy to laugh, you are too busy.
    Visit the Beaches & Towns Network
    http://www.OC-USA.com

h4hosting: I have refunded the past 2 months for you instead of the 1 you have requested. If anyone else has billing questions/issues, please direct them to the helpdesk, we won't be discussing billing issues on public 3rd party forums.

Originally posted by Kiwi
    h4hosting: I have refunded the past 2 months for you instead of the 1 you have requested. If anyone else has billing questions/issues, please direct them to the helpdesk, we won't be discussing billing issues on public 3rd party forums.
    You are absolutely right, Kiwi. Is it a shame to HAVE TO bring up billing problems on a public forum.

I too, have ben notified that my 2 months have been refunded. Thank you for the follow-up. (Note to readers: McHost was good to me while I was with them, but my business outgrew the account I had. I now have two dedicated servers of my own that I am managing. The only problem I ever had with the crew at Mchost was this billing problem that has now been straightened out. So, if you are considering McHost for your hosting needs, please don't let this thread scare you away.)
    If you are too busy to laugh, you are too busy.
    Visit the Beaches & Towns Network
    http://www.OC-USA.com

Better answer directly

I am not used to public complaints, but reading this thread and the replies I felt I should add the facts.
    Complaints sent to Marc, went non answered for weeks and when I check, he is answering here not on his helpdesk tickets!!
    I decided to move and I did.
    Sent an email to Marc and cc billing to cancel my account, no reply!!
    Iniated a ticket, days later, Marc close the ticket by requesting the registration number (although I put all other information of the account in the ticket). I reopen the ticket and put the reg #.
    Days later, ticket system down and reset.
    I reopened a new ticket with complete information and with priority 1. After 24 hours, the ticket is not answered and when I came to this forum I saw Marc is online and I find this thread and Marc reply here to similar cases!!

I did what it takes from paysystems, but in my opinion, customers worth more respect than what MCHost is offering and I wouldn't blame other colleagues for public complaints because they were at least able to get answers. I didn't get my answer!!!
    Up to you to judge if I am a bad customer.
    Thanx

Re: Better answer directly

Originally posted by Nara
    when I came to this forum I saw Marc is online and I find this thread and Marc reply here to similar cases!!
    You should note that i usually do not handle billing issues, thats what our staff is here for. Sorry, but in a company of our size its impossible for 1 person to handle everything. If you have a billing related ticket open, one of the staff member handling billing issues will get back to you.

Your billing departement didn't reply that's first.
    And second, you are the one when closed my original ticket, so you do reply at least sometimes.
    Better to admit mistakes than to give non convincing reply!!
    We all know that sometimes we do mistakes. I usually offer an appology first for my mistakes then try to justify why they happened!
    Marc, thanx for the super fast answer by the way to this post!

Originally posted by Nara
    And second, you are the one when closed my original ticket, so you do reply at least sometimes.
    See my previous reply. I 'usually' do not handle billing. I will have someone look into your ticket in a moment.

If I had the choice, I would answer a ticket with priority 1 on my helpdesk before replying in a third party forum as you call it Marc. By the way, ticket still open until now (2 days and count on).
    When I give priority to my helpdesk, my customers will find it more suitable than public complaint!
    Just an opinion.
    Znom.co, Register a domain, privacy protection included, Powered by opensrs

You are absolutely correct! It does NOT say anything about going to Paysystems to cancel your account. Why would it? This is not the normal way to cancel. You cancel with your host, not the credit processor.

You PAID for hosting and proper handling of billing. It is the host's responsibility to get it right. You should NEVER have to deal with a host's credit processor; and no host should expect you to either. If they do, go elsewhere.

Originally posted by chrisb

You are absolutely correct! It does NOT say anything about going to Paysystems to cancel your account. Why would it? This is not the normal way to cancel. You cancel with your host, not the credit processor.

You PAID for hosting and proper handling of billing. It is the host's responsibility to get it right. You should NEVER have to deal with a host's credit processor; and no host should expect you to either. If they do, go elsewhere.
    Chris, yes by all means, cancel the account with your host BUT make sure you cancel the recurring payments yourself with your account management interface.

If you're familiar with that aspect of credit card management, you'll know that the Paysystems.com page allows clients to edit details of their account. Like - their email address and change of address and credit card details etc. This saves us a LOT of time by the clients managing and editing these details themselves. It's all part of the Paysystems.com service and why we spend hundreds of dollars a month for such a service.

It's a very good interface where the client can self-manage certian aspects of their account. They can even cancel all future recurring payments, thus giving them the POWER over their own recurring payment. They should inform the clients better in the auto-email that comes back when a client uses Paysystems.com to setup their account.

We make sure the client knows about this feature in their welcome email [and all hosts should too] which points them to - http://httpme.com/showthread.php?threadid=189. Almost everyday we have clients who change their details, like email address, credit card numbers etc. They may have a new credit card due to their credit card being stolen etc. They simply input the new number and expiry date and the system updates their account.

I must say from a host's point of view, this self management interface gives the clients too much POWER and that's not something that most hosts look to provide. But I am yet to hear 1 complaint about this interface from any of our clients.

The internet makes it all to easy to accept credit card payments through a browser. If hosting companies were required by law to get their own merchant accounts, competition in the hosting "business" would probably drop off by 75%.

Sure, it's convenient to have a third party handle all the "paperless work" and do the job the in-house accountant used to do. And for start-ups "companies" (many of whom don't seem bright enough to know what a ledger book is) it saves a lot of money. In most other non-web businesses, people don't even think about starting out unless they have funds to cover every conceivable contigency for the first few years.

On the web, any dingbat can sign up for accounts at many of these "secure" third party processors.

Internet sites BRAG: "Start your own web hosting business for less than $50".

Just look at this hogwash from mewebhost:
    JUST WHY ARE more and more people profiting this very minute from ME Webhost? Simple: We can put anyone in the hosting business overnight.

You create your own hosting packages to sell.
    You decide what prices to sell them at.
    You keep 100% of the money.
    AND THERE's MORE... You get a ready-made business you can start marketing immediately. We give you account management features plus free website marketing technology to help you get where you're going -- faster. Take a look:

You get PRE-FAB business templates.
    You get your own private label hostname.
    You get powerful marketing automation tools.
    And that's only the tip of the iceberg! You can offer your clients more than 37 different tools via their own full-featured Mission CRITICAL Control Panel to keep them "happy customers".

Plus you get your own "Master Control Panel" where you can manage your own web preferences, your clients, and your reseller account.
    ====================================
    This bubble is going to burst big time for those of you who are fly-by-nighters. It won't be much longer either.

I say to you, good riddance. Go get a real job.
    Mothers of the world unite! Spank your sons and make them quit fighting...