hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Need Help for Windows Dedicated

Forum Jump

Need Help for Windows Dedicated

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Question

Need Help for Windows Dedicated

Please share your experience and suggest.

I need a windows hosting that allows me to use Remote Desktop Connection. I have been using windows vps of vpsland (which always crashed) and gate's vps plans for the purpose. Gate's vps worked well for me but support staff is usually very hard to find.

Can you guys tell me if i buy a simple windows dedicated server (without any control panel and extra features), I'll be able to connect to the server and use Remote Desktop Connection ?

I do not have bigger requiremnents. anything over 25g space/500g data transfer will work fine for me. All I need is a Remote Desktop Connection.

Looking for responses.

Amir.
p.s. I hope i didnt voilate forum rules.

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru

Any host should allow this. It is a simple check in the OS Allow Remote Connections. If you have the Adminsitrator user account you should have this ability. You should be able to use remote desktop on you local machine or Remote Desktops in the Microsoft Admin Pack.

Unless the host has not allowed it you should be able to connect. Windows 2003 will allow 2 RDP Sessions without purchasing any additional CALS or SALS

Old
WebHosting Master

What's your budget?

You're looking more in the VPS zone.

Sponsored Links
Old

I can afford 45 to 80 $ for this depending upon the package.

Old
Junior Guru

A VPS Solutoin with Windows 2003 should be closer to $80.00/Month but I am sure you can find the guys charing $45.00/$50.00 a month for it.

Old

yeh - I could find vps for my choice of requirements in price of 50/55$/month. But i got interested in getting a windows dedicated server seeing that gate is offering a windows dedicated at 79$/month (gate dot com's Windows Dedicated Starter Plan). Can you please take some time at that and make a recommendation. I am unhappy with gate's support. They work 9-5, sat/sun closed while websites and hostings run 24/7 and you never know when you have to contact support staff. The problem, when appears, does care if your hosting company's support is available in that time or not.

Looking for suggestions

Amir.

Old
WebHosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fHearts View Post
yeh - I could find vps for my choice of requirements in price of 50/55$/month. But i got interested in getting a windows dedicated server seeing that gate is offering a windows dedicated at 79$/month (gate dot com's Windows Dedicated Starter Plan). Can you please take some time at that and make a recommendation. I am unhappy with gate's support. They work 9-5, sat/sun closed while websites and hostings run 24/7 and you never know when you have to contact support staff. The problem, when appears, does care if your hosting company's support is available in that time or not.

Looking for suggestions

Amir.
Gate appears to charge $15 per support email.

The closest thing you can get is $6x to $8x dollars for a Windows server with Hivelocity.
Then again, you're only going to get a low-end Celeron.

Old

hivelocity are sold out with $49 package which i thought i could configure to my requirement. So anyone around who can tell me if its ok just to order a windows 2000 or 2003 OS based server without any control panels installed and that will work for me ?

Amir.

Old
WebHosting Master

If you can handle the server all by yourself, then sure.

Remember that with unmanaged servers, you don't get support except during NETWORK downtime.

Old

Since i want it only for remtoe desktop connection purpose, it will be like working on my own PC. Thats what i am very much capable to handle

I dont need a single thing on the server.

Amir

Old
WebHosting Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by King0fHearts View Post
Since i want it only for remtoe desktop connection purpose, it will be like working on my own PC. Thats what i am very much capable to handle

I dont need a single thing on the server.

Amir
Most small/budget hosts with low capital don't have Windows Licensing.
Therefore you must find a host with a large range of servers.

I believe Hivelocity 2nd cheapest server also fits your budget.

Old

Yeh, I found that 69$/month package for 2.4 Celeron but I dont want to pay the 99$ setup fee. Can anyone share the coupen

Old
WebHosting Master

Old

Thanks Alot Dude. Ordering... and Lets hope for the best

Thanks again to all of you for your precious time

Old

You know i thought they didnt mention RAM over there

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - October 31, 2014 Web Hosting News 2014-10-31 16:16:50
Microsoft Surpasses Amazon as Largest Windows Hosting Company: Netcraft Web Hosting News 2014-02-27 17:05:44
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup – September 27, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:46
Windows Azure Adds Multi-Factor Authentication Web Hosting News 2013-09-26 16:35:56
Expired SSL Certificate Brings Down Windows Azure Cloud Web Hosting News 2013-02-25 10:38:00