Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by Maximiliam
    Jessica,

I still think you are wrong by saying that we have a misleading setup fee.
    Yes, of course your potential customers are wrong... hahaha yep, sure they are.

They probally suck too, steal, lie, and run around with scissors and leave the lights on and the toilet lid up.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Is there anything else you feel an sudden urge to complain about?
    Oh, no. You find out current customers and lost potential customers found your "Free Set Up" that wasn't free, misleading. Oh, no! The world is out to get you.....

Max I too have no vested interest in this issue, and I could care less what happens later on or where you business goes.

But having "free" in your table on the hosting page is misleading. I personally hate companies that have hidden costs. Now, yes you have made changes but you still refuse to take away the word "free" from the table. Its as bad as only showing a tiny little link to your TOS only when you begin to sign up.
    Take it from people on this board - most people are very educated about marketing strategies price...etc.
    A better strategy for yourself would be to advertise "pay for a year and get free setup!" People don't like to be sucked in to a Great Deal! only to be disappointed with an unforseen cost.

I used to be a web designer and I had to shop for a host, no not very many people use the strategy you have used, and no i wouldn't be a customer of someone who deliberatly led me to believe something that wasn't entirely true. Its a half truth. Its worse than an outright lie. Outright lies you can spot. Half truths you need to do a little digging to find the answer. I agree with Jessicam naive consumers looking to host their site will skip through the "Free" setup and take it as true without exception. The educated consumer will see right through it and can only speculate as to what else this provider is hiding.

So with the comments posted in this thread heres my $0.02, hopefully you can buy yourself a Happy meal with your newfound wealth because you won't see any business from me nor from my aquintances.

(So this doesn't turn into a flame war I mean nothing hostile towards you or your business, this was just strictly my opinion as a web designer.)

Thankyou,
    Hosting.Express | Affordable Web and Email Hosting
    Shared | Reseller | 24/7 Support | NSA Free
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

Last edited by Maximiliam; 08-27-2002 at 03:32 PM.
    I like to help

Last edited by Maximiliam; 08-27-2002 at 03:32 PM.
    I like to help

Well see thats clearly stated :-)

I won't waste anymore of yours or my time with this.
    My last post...
    SPECIAL OFFER - domain name, email and cPanel web hosting = $3.73 per month | Contact Us: 1-800-861-1888

If it is so rediculous, don't add to it with insults and unprofessional comments, unless a nerve has been hit...
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

You are right.. i deleted my comments.

And page has been changed.
    I like to help

Thank you Max.

I like to help

Alls well that ends well.
    Too bad sometimes it's like pulling teeth.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12