Technical support guru seeking employment with an established web hosting company as a FreeBSD Systems Administrator or Help Desk Representative (cPanel).
Since I run my own web hosting business, I would be more than willing to sign an NDA and any other relevant agreements. I can work all shifts, including back shift and take part in on-call rotations.
For internet connectivity, I have a 10Mbps cable connection with dial-up as backup. In the event that the cable and phone both go out, I have a high speed EVDO connection on my smartphone and laptop.
- Solid understanding of the OS.
- Initial setup and deployment.
- Kernel updates and patch management.
- Security management and hardening.
- IP firewall (ipfw) configurations.
- Load management and service monitoring.
- General setup and configuration.
- Debugging and troubleshooting.
- Knowledgeable of backend scripts.
- Solid understanding of features.
- Theme and script modifications.
- Extensive knowledge of various protocols.
- Comfortable troubleshooting HTML and PHP.
- Security assessment and threat management.
- Discovering security flaws in web software.
- Active member of WHT's Technical Forums.
It should be noted that I don't have any employment references within the web hosting community, but I would be willing to work pro bono for a predetermined amount of time to build up your confidence.
For all intensive purposes this is my "web hosting resume", so if you have any questions please feel free to send me a message. As for salary expectations, I would be looking for around $200 a week, however that is completely negotiable.