Is Infinology for real with this?

offer
    9 gigs space, 50 gigs transfer per month for $6.95... well I guess it isn't unlimited...they say it means less people per server...I'm sure, but how do you pay for the server?????

yea id like to know if anyone is using them and how they like service, thats a killer deal!

Please people..

9GB space?.. Do the math.. Even if they have dual 60GB in there, they can only put about 6 accounts on there each server unless they're going to overesell their diskspace bigtime.. So 12 x $6.95 = $83.40. Also 6 x 50GB = 300GB. Where can you get a server with 300GB bandwidth and 120GB HD for less than $80/mo? Don't you people want your web host to actually make a profit so that they can hire more techs or upgrade server hardware when needed? No wonder most people are back in the market looking for a new web host complaining about their last host going out of business and taking their money with them. In my opinion, you bring this on yourselves..
    (SH)Saeed

well thats exactly why i asked if anyone is using this service and what their comments are..
    are you using infinology? thanks for your input

Well, I guess I'm not qualified to respond under those circumstances either. However, he's very right that this plan is almost impossible to deliver on. It may as well say the word 'unlimited'.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to rain on your parade, or their parade, or anyone's parade. It's really just not feasable.

Wanna test? Get 5 friends together and all of you sign up for accounts. Then each of you upload 9gigs worth of linux iso's. Then start promoting your download site. Watch what happens.

You don't think I believed this did you?...cmon, people, it was intended as a sarcastic post.... jeezzzz.

Question

i looked through a few older posts and only found infinology posted as a company that had bought out some other hosting providers with mixed reviews..

is anyone using them now and if so, opinions? thanks!

i heard that they were filing for bankruptcy - so maybe they are trying to make as much money as they can while they can? who knows.

ya, infinology is a BIG scam. no customer support it says in the fine print. bad bad reviews
    TextAdMarket - http://www.TextAdMarket.com
    Supply & Demand Advertising

they have popup ads, how great can they really be?
    Nick Twaddell
    WebSpace Solutions - Custom E-Solutions
    Fast, Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting

Hmm... New people moderated perhaps ? Just sent a post and can't see it. Anyway. Let me try again.

I just heard it from Infinology sales that they have 800 domains per server, servers being dual PIII 1GHz with 2GB of RAM. That's rather packed.

~ Wiccle Ltd: An Irish/int’l. web development company, creators of easy and powerful multi-purpose CMS software solutions. CMS Downloads @Wiccle.com ~

Originally posted by raga
    Hmm... New people moderated perhaps ? Just sent a post and can't see it. Anyway. Let me try again.

I just heard it from Infinology sales that they have 800 domains per server, servers being dual PIII 1GHz with 2GB of RAM. That's rather packed.
    no way, cant you put 10000000000 < unlimited sites on one 133mhz server??
    Nick Twaddell
    WebSpace Solutions - Custom E-Solutions
    Fast, Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting

Thumbs down About to surrender

Add one more unhappy voice to the list of Infinology customers. When a form stopped working I couldn't get email help. Got tech on the phone one day, next day a guy tells me they don't do telephone tech support.

I send another email to ask for an update, they come back and tell me to get a webmaster to fix the problem or they can do it for me for $35. I AM the webmaster and still don't know what the problem is.

I'm beginning to think any customer service claim they make is just so much wind.

Happy Trails -Stan-

Originally posted by raga

Cool so that means if there offering 9GB of space and 800 accounts on each server they have 7.2 TERABYTE hard drives.. I need to get me a couple of them..

Yea, 7.2 TeraByte Hard Drives are pretty good, but not surprising, given that each box gives an outstream of 40 TeraBytes per month. It's actually only an outstream of 123.45 Megabits per second, not too bad.

They sell their plans for $6.95. 6.95 x 800 = $5560. Let's say they get $1.45 profit per account, this leaves them with $4400, which is well sufficient for purchasing 40 TeraBytes bandwidth if they get it for $0,11/GB.

~ Wiccle Ltd: An Irish/int’l. web development company, creators of easy and powerful multi-purpose CMS software solutions. CMS Downloads @Wiccle.com ~

Well, they are a well funded operation .. I found pictures of their servers. Apparently they have 20 of these.
    http://www.gorilla.net/terabyte.htm

They must have overclocked their hard drives and network cards with LN2 to reach such figures.

that makes me sick dam it look at that thing...
    Tired of jumping web hosting providers? Tired of OVERSELLING? Tired of Poor service/quality?
    Are you Finally realizing You Get What You Pay For In Life?
    If So...Please Visit ***** eServicesUnlimited***** - We Guarantee 100% Satisfaction we promise that!

!!!!! !!!!!! !!!! !!!! wow
    TextAdMarket - http://www.TextAdMarket.com
    Supply & Demand Advertising

This to is old Primemaster JUNK!
    Never reply to support e mails or cancel requests.
    This host is a not to funny host!
    STAY AWAY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I think if they have a few 100 gig hard drives, it would be more then enough, lets not keep beating the dead horse on this issue heh

If they do have 20 of those, and they do RAID 0 (very bad idea) they would get maximum of 51200GB of storage. (not including any overhead what so ever)

I assume they would use the IDE units to get maximum storage.

20 x $16,390.00 / 21900 = $4.22 per GB.

Lets say the hardware would be used 3 years (standard).

$4.22 / 3 = $1.41 per GB

The cost for one of their accounts (storage only) would be $12.69 (9 x $1.41) per year.

The combined speed of the harddrives using RAID 0 would be really fast. But the I/O throughput of a standard pIII architecture is higly limited.

The above solution is not fail-safe at all. If one harddrives crash. All the data is gone.
    Last edited by Maximiliam; 08-22-2002 at 02:16 AM.
    I like to help

"Today Intellipool announce that the beta phase of Sentry Network Monitor is going to
    end the 31t of August. Sentry will be released the 1st of September as a commercial
    product, a freeware version will be released at the same time.
    "

Whats this bs? Isn't CNET listing a PPC based list?