Automating email creation

Is there any way to automate the creation of an email account through CPanel?

I run a non-profit, membership based site, and want to give free email accounts to my members, but don't want to go through the setup time. There used to be several companies that offered webmail solutions for domains, but they have all gone to pay services.

Basically, I want my members to be able to enter the members only area, create their OWN email address, and then be able to check it through the webmail program that I will be installing (which is essentially just a web interfaced pop mail program). The members area is already set up, I just need to get something that will allow them to create the email address.

I'm not sure about this but there are alot of programs out there for offering hotmail-like webmail. Such commercial products are often easier on the server than open source, etc programs not designed to support lots of users.

Well, I don't have a lot of users ... It's a cryptozoology message board, with a complete Cryptozoology encyclopedia in the works ... I don't see it getting a lot of users, I simply would like something that interfaces with CPanel to create the accounts for me, so that I don't have to do it every time a user requests an email address ... but we'll see. If I don't find out about anything available from this thread, I may ask my in-house programmer to take a look at things for me, or may end up asking about it in the Job Offers forum ...

Before I do any of that, though, I want to find out if there is an existing solution that will take care of my needs (or wants, whichever you prefer )