Web Design Software

Does anyone know of some good designing software ?

Notepad... (or EditPlus)...

Seriously.... Get (or borrow from the library) some good books on HTML, Javascript, PHP & MySQL and simply just start coding...

Follow examples and tutorials on sites like webmonkey.com and other places.... That's really the only way you can learn how to code for sites.....

Using other editors like Dreamweaver, Frontpage, HomeBuilder, etc. are simply like wheelchairs... They'll get you to where you're going but, you'll never be able to get there w/out their help. They are also limited on where they can get to. If you want to be boundless, or create that new killer site design, you'll never be able to do that w/ tools like that b/c they limit you in your creativness....

It's not something you can learn in a day... It's learning a new language. You won't be able to speak fluent french in a day. You have to learn the basics and build on that. You also have to study and learn. Not the simple answer you were expecting but, it's right.
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat

Macromedia Dreamweaver
    Adobe Photoshop

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

I think you can get Macromedia Dreamweaver and Macromedia Fireworks together in a bundle for a pretty good price.
    Jay » [email protected] • AIM » FDrive Support
    Front Drive™ » Advanced multi-domain solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

Dreamweaver is one of the best WYSIWYG editors around, and I would suggest Adobe Photoshop for image editing.

Adobe Photoshop 7.0, and Adobe Go Live
    Quality Hosting Template For Sale! -

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59932

How come everytime this type of thread comes up no one mentions Macromedia Homesite????? I love Homesite, always have, have never used anything but. I started out with EditPad and once I discovered Homesite I never looked back, geeze always gotta be the only one to represent Homesite
    www.pajcorp.com -- coming soon to an internet near you...

Oklahoma Sooners all the way baby!!

For some reason I've never been able to get into Dreamweaver. Personaly, if I need to do tricky layout and coding, I usually just do it by hand in Pico or something. If I want to make a quick and flexible site, though, I've found a program called NetObjects Fusion is the only way to go. They just released a new version which has many cool enhancements. Worth a look at least - and I think they have a trial you can use. Its a bit tricky, but there are some really cool ways you can integrate code w/ Fusion as well.

I mostly use PSP for my web layouts (Photoshop when I'm working with just a photo). I find the mix of easy vector tools and photo retouching to work well for me in designing layouts. I find I can also complete most tasks twice as fast with PSP vs. PS and get the exact same results.

Dave
    Dave Glick
    creativenews.com - creative news for creative people.
    glickcreative.com - look ma, I have a portfolio!

Ultraedit 32 is for me! It rocks....I mostly do php programming though, that's why I like it.

HomeSite 5 is my editor of choice. It's basically a text editor but it colour-codes the code so that you can tell what's what.

As far as graphics go, I'll generally go with what I know (PhotoShop).
    Is Canada the best? Noo Doot Aboot It!
    "And on the eighth...day...God...created...Mankind. WHY WAS HE HAVING SUCH A BAD DAY?" -- Mick Foley

I'd say Dreamweaver MX and Adobe Photoshop 7. That's what I use, and I'm in love with those programs.

Personally, I use Dreamweaver, but i know people that swear by First Page... does all the color coding things and is very similiar to Homesite

or even cute html....which also does the color coding thingy
    [url]I got nothing/url]

For clarity's sake, don't use "<ip address of hostname>" use the ACTUAL 32-bit numeric IP address of the machine.

Nothing comes close to Dreamweaver MX/Photoshop 7 combo.

For value for money I feel you cannot go past the fine products of Serif coupled with a fair to good knowledge of the codes.

Myself I like Hot Dog 6.6.
    Matthew Josten

iLearnHTML - HTML Tutorial

Originally posted by DjPaj
    How come everytime this type of thread comes up no one mentions Macromedia Homesite????? I love Homesite, always have, have never used anything but. I started out with EditPad and once I discovered Homesite I never looked back, geeze always gotta be the only one to represent Homesite
    I love Homesite - I use it all the time and have been since version 2 (I now have the boxed version of Homesite 4.5).

I normally do the layout, etc. in Dreamweaver and then all the coding in Homesite (PHP, HTML, etc).

--Shaun.
    Shaun Ewing
    http://shaun.net