Question Broken FP Extensions? Reinstall?

I was told that the FP extensions on my server were clobbered because I edited a file in an editor other than FP. I do not know if this is true or not, but here are the changes that I have made recently to the server:
    1. Added MySql
    2. Modified httpd.conf to allow .html pages to be parsed
    3. Modified srm.conf for the same reason as #2

Whenever I try to open the site in FP, I get the following error:

The server sent a response which FrontPage could not parse. If you are trying to connect to a FrontPage server, check with the server's administrator to make sure the FrontPage server extensions are installed properly.

FP was working prior to this. The question is, how do I reinstall the FP extensions? I tried refreshing the extensions, but that failed.

In addition, Webalizer broke. If I try to access the stats page, I get a page cannot be displayed, not the Cobalt, but the IE version.
    We're all humanary stew, if we don't pledge allegiance to the Black Widow

Have you tried undoing these 2
    2. Modified httpd.conf to allow .html pages to be parsed
    3. Modified srm.conf for the same reason as #2
    and seeing if FP works again.

If it does work, then either you cannot do what you're trying to do. Or, you cannot do what you're trying to do in the way that you're doing it.

Oh, just saw your other thread.

It would help if you updated this one stating that it's closed for you and that you've started a new one.

Prevents others wasting their time

This thread is closed as I had to back out the changes and start over. Please be sure to visit my other thread.
    We're all humanary stew, if we don't pledge allegiance to the Black Widow