Thread: Cyberwings

Cyberwings

I just felt the need to write this.............

I am not bashing Cyberwings or Shawn ,as many said I made the adult decision to go with them for hosting,but I do say the company be it individual or corporation has the worst business practices I have seen in a long time.I could care less who the man is or what his lifestyle is or what he did before he started this company. How he deals with this business is the only interest to me .............but maybe all these little bits of info scattered around this board and the internet will help people who have been hung out to dry to get some of there money back And maybe this board will help people to make a better informed decision..........(I wish I had known it was here before I made my choice).Cyberwing was my first experience with a PAID host so I assumed support questions not answered for days(if ever) was just the way it was, and also that getting your site up taking 3 weeks or so was also just the way it was.................So it was a learning experience to say the least ............I have had several sites up on free hosting for a couple of years but I was referred to CW because of their prices
    and again in my defense I really had no idea what a hosting plan should cost ..............(so you get what you pay for) but I didn't realize just how ridiculously low the prices were........

I have moved my sites and not bothered looking for a refund
    It was a $200. lesson but one I won't forget..............Research
    research,research before you buy any service.................
    I am happy to say I believe I have found a good host with good support in dot5hosting and I hope all you other Cyberwings people are as fortunate in your move, or if you decide to stay with Cyberwings I can only wish you luck.....
    Sparrow

One thing I don't understand is why is he keep saying that he has the servers and not a single site is operational....NOT even his own cyberwings.com

What a bunch of BS!!!!!

He said he is giving Refunds. For $200 Iwould go get back my Money!

HE says a lot of things but I haven't seen any of the other things be true either
    Sparrow

I hope sparrow makes at least a token effort to get the $200 back. It's not just about sparrow. Shawn, cyberwings or their creditors have no business keeping it.

Those Virginia servers. The longer this goes without sites and the more Shawn makes preposterous explanations and misses self imposed deadlines, the more plausible it is to believe this DC thing is completely imaginery.

Shawn made a statement that the "US marshalls" were coming in. That, I believe, does have the ring of creditability to it, but not in the way Shawn intended.

Thanks Gordo..................Well I thought about what you said and you may be right.................I paid through 2checkout by CC so I may give it a try,however if I don't get it back as I said it was a learning experience.................I will let you know how it comes out..........

Sparrow

Hey Sparrow,

I think you should at least try to get your money back. It's good that you took it as a lesson that you learned, but Shawn and people like hime need to learn a lesson, as well. Maybe you can help teach him something, too. Good luck!

DEFINITELY push to get your money back. Otherwise you are rewarding him for conning you and enouraging other hustlers to try the same thing. Anytime someone engages in unethical, illegal business practices, it should not be dismissed.