hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Domain Names : Redemption period

Forum Jump

Redemption period

Reply Post New Thread In Domain Names Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Redemption period

There is domain that I what but itís in the redemption period, how can I make sure to be notified when it becomes available.

Besides checking it everyday is there a software that can monitor it for me?
Is there a company or service that can monitor or register it for me.

The domain as not much value itís just something that I would like to get so Iím looking for something with a reasonable price range.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Never heard of services like Snapnames.com, Pool.com? You can never beat them at acquiring expired domains.

Old
Web Hosting Master

First question is where is it registered? Then go and read this thread... http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=477474

Then if you have any further questions, come back here.

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Thanks for the reply guys. The domain is with GoDaddy but I can't find it in any auctions. It's status is now PENDING DELETE

Thanks

Old
Community Liaison

have you checked http://tdnam.com ?

Old
Web Hosting Master

PENDING DELETE status means it's definitely going to drop within the next 5 days. You'd think the a GoDaddy backorder at this point would definitely capture the domain, but that ain't necessarily so. Your best bet would be to place drop orders for it at SnapNames and Pool. It's $60 each but you only pay if you win the ensuring private auction (if other people have also ordered it), or if you win outright because nobody else ordered the domain. It's a bit of a gamble placing a GoDaddy $18.95 cash backorder on it. Chances are slim, but if you're a gambling man, it may be worth it.

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Redemption Period and Pending Delete are actually sub-statuses of the Pending Delete status.

If the domain is Pending Delete/Pending Delete the current registrar is no longer able to capture the domain. Domains listed as Redemption Period are actually Pending Delete/Redemption Period while domains listed as Pending Delete are really Pending Delete/Pending Delete.

Stu2's advice is on the money: Place a backorder at SnapNames and/or Pool.

Old
Web Hosting Master

The domain will be dropped 6 days after it changed to pending delete. If you really want it, then backorder it at Snapnames, Pool, and Godaddy. I've done that with a few domains and even Godaddy got one of them.

Old
Web Hosting Evangelist

Uh.... 5 days. Not 6.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Thanks for all the advices.
I don’t think I need to spend the $60 for back ordering as it’s not a very important domain name.
But I would like to make sure that I’m going to get it. Which of the registrars will it becomes available first, godady, namecheap, 1and1?

Old
Web Hosting Master

It'll most probably be picked up by SnapNames or Pool. To make sure you are going to get it, you will need to backorder at both of those dropcatchers. If it's not picked up by them, then it will most likely be picked up by a domain taster. When they finish with it, it could easily be picked up by another taster. This could go on for months until they decide they don't want it. The GoDaddy backorder would then be your best option, but the $18.95 is non-refundable, but you can use it for another backorder.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
China Continues to Block Dropbox Cloud Storage Web Hosting News 2014-06-20 14:40:08
As Sunrise Period for .Host Nears, Radix Offers First Dibs to Web Hosts, Brands Web Hosting News 2014-06-13 11:08:26
Donuts Inc. Opens Sunrise Period for Seven New Generic Top-Level Domains Web Hosting News 2013-11-26 17:46:12
Brands Pay Up to Protect Trademarks Ahead of New gTLD Release Web Hosting News 2013-03-27 15:26:55
Go Daddy Blocks Whois Info on Expiring Domains, Protects Domain Auction Business Web Hosting News 2012-11-14 11:20:35