Review: Staminus.net

Hello,

After searching for a dedicated provider for 1 month i finally decided to go with www.staminus.net, i saw their ad here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=59548

The prices looked great aswell as the fact that the speeds where excellent! (pm me if you want a ip to speed test, or a file to download to check the speeds)..

Technical support is always online via AOL, so whenever i need anything i just send them a message, and the response is almost instant.. I have had no downtime what so ever.. The best thing is, i'm paying such low prices but utilizing some quality bandwidth (uunet & savvis)..

I have been with several dedicated hosting companies before, but i must say this is the best one so far.

staminus.net

Toro, keep up the great job!

nice review

It's great to go with small companies for the support - great stuff!

exactly, small companys often offer really good support, and are more flexible then the big one's. that's a big plus
    In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Thanks for the positive feedback. If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me.
    Matt Mahvi
    Staminus, Infrastructure DDoS Protection and Appliances
    @ 200+ Gbps global ddos mitigation network. Local or Remote. Proxy, GRE, and direct cross connects.
    @ Available in Amsterdam, New York, Los Angeles and Orange County. Anycast BGP.

Yep i agree, with large companies your just part of the crowd

only thing i dont like is that they only have 2 T1's so say i wanted to use 50-100gigs of my bandwidth in one day for a big file release i could'nt push that much and then thier net connections would be saturated it would be pushing so much although they said they have another savis i think it was on order but still 4.5mbit/s is'nt much to burst for an entire network.

other than that best of luck staminus keep up the good work your geting great reviews

Actually i believe the Savvis line is already in use and not in order, maybe Toro and elaborate on this one? He mentioned to me he is getting another AT&T line via AIM..

1xUUnet + 1xSavvis in place. One more Savvis was scheduled for early July deployment, but due to some complications it was pushed back about 30 days. We're working to get 2xAT&T very shortly.
    Matt Mahvi
    Staminus, Infrastructure DDoS Protection and Appliances
    @ 200+ Gbps global ddos mitigation network. Local or Remote. Proxy, GRE, and direct cross connects.
    @ Available in Amsterdam, New York, Los Angeles and Orange County. Anycast BGP.

dont get me wrong thier providers seem great etc... just the burstability fact is all i was questioning.

nice offers though staminus.net

I guess when they utilize the next few lines, the bustability should definetly increase..

i don't see any problems either when they added the next savvis and the two at&t's.
    In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Re: Review: Staminus.net

Originally posted by edude
    Hello,

After searching for a dedicated provider for 1 month i finally decided to go with www.staminus.net, i saw their ad here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=59548

The prices looked great aswell as the fact that the speeds where excellent! (pm me if you want a ip to speed test, or a file to download to check the speeds)..

Technical support is always online via AOL, so whenever i need anything i just send them a message, and the response is almost instant.. I have had no downtime what so ever.. The best thing is, i'm paying such low prices but utilizing some quality bandwidth (uunet & savvis)..

I have been with several dedicated hosting companies before, but i must say this is the best one so far.

staminus.net

Toro, keep up the great job!
    but you've only just signed up a week or so ago? which is ok.
    Last edited by Aussie Bob; 07-18-2002 at 05:16 AM.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

edude, I'm confused since you said you got an account with fastservers...

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=59306

Now you're saying "after searching for a month," you're going with staminus.net... considering what appears to be your agenda against any cogent host, it almost seems like you're pumping anything non-cogent on the discount server end. Do you really have a box with either host?

Hmm popdirt, heres the IP: 65.215.220.175 ...

You want me to upload a file so you can test the speeds?

Btw, i got a better deal with staminus, so i changed my mind about going with fastservers, if you want i can upload the fastservers contract so you can see?

AussieBob, around 2 weeks or so..

But in the 2 weeks, support etc.. has been great..

What has cogent got to do with this?

Also i'm not paying a discount server price?

Take your conspiracy theory back where it came from

Originally posted by edude
    Also i'm not paying a discount server price?

Take your conspiracy theory back where it came from
    awwwww, I like conspiracy theories.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up