Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crime in the UK

Crime in the UK

Crime in the Uk is getting much worse don't you's think? and something has to be done about it..

I'm still yound and i've never done anything bad once and have never really been in a gang so i don't see why other youngsters do.

There all saps anyway and i could have them in a minute but it's still not right the way young ones behave.

that's it.
    Professor of crime at St Andrews university.

Shoot on sight
    Last edited by edude; 07-16-2002 at 10:48 PM.

Shoot someone you mean?.

UK... are you refering to Uk in general because Northern Ireland is a pretty violence place compared to other parts.

Well i don't know about ireland like. It's just small riots, in Scotland you get better riots at football matches..

Glasgow i thinks the most violent place in the UK seriously..
    I was in glasgow last week and you should see there busses they are smashed to hell but anyway i'm talking about more serious things..

Yes shoot someone, the more strict the law, the less trouble..

That's all very well but i don't want to go to edude, i'm still a young man with many years ahead of me and i'm just not ready to go to jail well in a few year then yes maybe but just not the now.

Originally posted by ned patter
    Well i don't know about ireland like. It's just small riots, in Scotland you get better riots at football matches..

You're kidding, right? (about Ireland)
    http://www.voilaweb.com - the Social Internet Toolbox.

Dont the police only have batons and not guns?

Yep only batons.

If the police in Ireland had guns and started shouted, damit, then everyone would have guns.

For Example:

If one police officer fired a gun at a gang stiring up trouble, it would end with several police officers and god knows how many civilians injured or killed.

Originally posted by Axel Teflon
    Yep only batons.

If the police in Ireland had guns and started shouted, damit, then everyone would have guns.

For Example:

If one police officer fired a gun at a gang stiring up trouble, it would end with several police officers and god knows how many civilians injured or killed.
    What if someone pulled out a gun on a police officer?

These kind of laws wouldn't work here in U.S.

If somebody pulled out a gun... there would be trouble.. a huge roit

Nothern irelands police have guns but god knows about the rest of ireland, who ever hears anything about ireland apart from nothern ireland?.

Seriously People in Nothern Ireland are just kids that like to have riots now and again cause you see then on TV and there just little kids with stones and that and i tell you any kids behave like that around my place they will be getting stones through there windows.

If somebody pulled out a gun... there would be trouble.. a huge roit
    #

I in Nother Ireland someone only has to get short changed by a penny and then they go and have a riot..

Riotings like sex to them..

Seriously People in Nothern Ireland are just kids that like to have riots now and again cause you see then on TV and there just little kids with stones and that and i tell you any kids behave like that around my place they will be getting stones through there windows. [/B]
    Only certain people in NI do that. Not all people are like that.

What do the others riot about?.

What do the others riot about?.
    Others??

Well all the other people in Nothern Ireland, what do they riot about?.

The good people of NI, they don't riot... they just try and lead normal lives or march.

March? that's not a normal thing to and rioters march then do there riot.

Peacefull March... the know, the guys that want to march.

The guys that don't want the other people to march riot... its all complicated.

Re: Crime in the UK

I'm still yound and i've never done anything bad once and have never really been in a gang so i don't see why other youngsters do.

Well YOU have some things to do in your daily life. For example posting here and share thoughts with oter and also learn from what they say. That's of course not all in your life but it is sure something. It's those little things that makes u swhat we are

Wise words from our old grandfather, nocsol

Seriously People in Nothern Ireland are just kids that like to have riots now and again cause you see then on TV and there just little kids with stones and that and i tell you any kids behave like that around my place they will be getting stones through there windows.
    Riotings like sex to them..
    I can't believe it...I have 2 kids and never ever felt the urge to talk to them like that, and you can search all my previous posts on WHT and see that I've never been mean to anyone, but YOU, you're just a f****g little brat and I've never read anything so xenophobic -and plain uninformed- here.
    Since you don't know anything about life, just shut the f**k up!

I am a british citizen and I hope you're not for you're the most hateful person around here and I would be utterfly ashamed if you are. That kind of message makes me puke, pure and simple.

I hope you're being a very young ******* and won't grow up to be a low file.

My opinion...others can disagree if they want, of course.

In the UK generally the police are not armed. They get some cool ASP which incase you don't know is about 6 inches long and when you shake it it becomes about over a foot long and is like reinforced steel and would hurt a lot!

The police also have CS gas which I suppose is similar to Pepper spray they have in the US?

On top of that they have ARV's (armed response vehicles I think) which are armed police and have I think some sort of Colt and an MP5 pretty much standard issued. There are loads of them in every force and coupled with fast cars they can be anywhere quick (i'm sure they would use one of the helicopters if going rural perhaps).

Talking about guns I saw one of those programmes which have lots of shots from incar police videos. There was this one when a Police traffic land rover was following a Ford Sierra or something because he had out of date road tax. The guy stopped his car for a bit and pulled out a hand gun starting shooting at the car! You heard the police swearing big time. I bet they were shocked.

But to continue the video the bloke got in and they continued chasing. Next he decided to pull out an AK47 and start letting off rounds at this Land Rover!! Luckily noone was injured - but over some poxy road tax.

I don't think crime is getting worse - at least where I live. Though we all know there are some rough estates you should just avoid them.

Originally posted by cyansmoker

I can't believe it...I have 2 kids and never ever felt the urge to talk to them like that, and you can search all my previous posts on WHT and see that I've never been mean to anyone, but YOU, you're just a f****g little brat and I've never read anything so xenophobic -and plain uninformed- here.

I am a british citizen and I hope you're not for you're the most hateful person around here and I would be utterfly ashamed if you are. That kind of message makes me puke, pure and simple.

Get rid of that attitude.

After traveling in Britain it's always disheartening to arrive in the U.S. and see a fat, unkempt customs officer with an automatic strapped to his/her waist. And ... I think the comments you mentioned were tongue in cheek Cyan.

Originally posted by Rotifer
    After traveling in Britain it's always disheartening to arrive in the U.S. and see a fat, unkempt customs officer with an automatic strapped to his/her waist. And ... I think the comments you mentioned were tongue in cheek Cyan.
    I jeff.I don't see why in london they have the officers with guns and not in the street, the worse thing the police at airports deal with is someone with a fake passport and there hardly going to have a gun..

I see people in Nothern Ireland are having another riot, well mind you it is tea time..

Officers on the streets of London DO have guns. THey are just usually in vehicles afaik.

Yep they may have guns in there vans and that but there never taken out or used which is pointless.

Originally posted by The Laughing Cow
    In the UK generally the police are not armed. They get some cool ASP which incase you don't know is about 6 inches long and when you shake it it becomes about over a foot long and is like reinforced steel and would hurt a lot!

The police also have CS gas which I suppose is similar to Pepper spray they have in the US?

On top of that they have ARV's (armed response vehicles I think) which are armed police and have I think some sort of Colt and an MP5 pretty much standard issued. There are loads of them in every force and coupled with fast cars they can be anywhere quick (i'm sure they would use one of the helicopters if going rural perhaps).

Talking about guns I saw one of those programmes which have lots of shots from incar police videos. There was this one when a Police traffic land rover was following a Ford Sierra or something because he had out of date road tax. The guy stopped his car for a bit and pulled out a hand gun starting shooting at the car! You heard the police swearing big time. I bet they were shocked.

But to continue the video the bloke got in and they continued chasing. Next he decided to pull out an AK47 and start letting off rounds at this Land Rover!! Luckily noone was injured - but over some poxy road tax.

I don't think crime is getting worse - at least where I live. Though we all know there are some rough estates you should just avoid them.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Pepper spray is useless around here, people have the internet then they buy loads of the stuff on the net for the freinds as well as themselves.Not that i see anything wrong with that.
    It's a message to the police really, play the game or get out the job, carry a gun then we will carry a gun.

Course the police don't leave firearms in the car when they get out

The take them with them on a shout. CS gas is pretty much considered a good restraining weapon. The Armed police can be to a shout probably as quick as the regular force anyhow.

What the... he seem to know more than you anyway. Both of what he said:

Seriously People in Nothern Ireland are just kids that like to have riots now and again cause you see then on TV and there just little kids with stones and that and i tell you any kids behave like that around my place they will be getting stones through there windows. Riotings like sex to them..

That may be the biggest load of crap you've ever heard, but thats the truth. You taking out harsh and pathefic words for no aparent reason. I dunno what the rest of the world hear about Northern Ireland but taking this as a personal note from what you said, its a pretty bad place and I think I should know it better than anybody here.

I rode through N. Ireland on a bike. We met some fantastic people, but there are also some very tense areas. I must say that I enjoyed Belfast, though. I woke up the morning after crossing on the ferry with chunks of sod clutched in my hands .... the last thing I remembered was having so many Guinness lined up at a local pub that I never thought I would get through them all. I think the sod had something to do with throwing ourselves on the ground and thanking god we had finally made it to the homeland. Having traveled all over the world, the Irish are the most friendly people I've experienced ... without exception.

I dunno what the rest of the world hear about Northern Ireland but taking this as a personal note from what you said, its a pretty bad place and I think I should know it better than anybody here.
    Axel, I think you misread me: Ned's post just makes it look like the problem in Ireland is with a bunch of kids whereas what I wrote is that it IS a pretty bad place. "Riotings is like sex to them": do you want the whole Ireland problem to be known like this? Do you want the world to believe that there is no problem in Ireland, only a bunch of kids playing around?
    It's not just a matter of being bad people who enjoy beating the crap of each other; there are many good people in Ireland, and a lot of tension. And some people try to do something to make it stop but it's become a decades-long habit now and some people are just too happy to hate the others just for who they are.

That's what I meant, sorry if I was unclear. Believe me, I hate this whole situation certainly as much as you do, especially since, as Rotifer pointed out, there are so many good people over there.

Ned Patter, to quote you: "get rid of that attitude" -> read all my other posts here you'll see that it's the first time I use that attitude. Should make you wonder...
    Last edited by cyansmoker; 07-17-2002 at 02:27 PM.

Sorry cyansmoker, mis understood you.

Rotifer, Thats a supricing remark! People over here are nice, there is nice people, however when certain dates come around theirs trouble. Especially around July 12th. However, I don't think I would rate the Irish the most friendly people around... apart from the old people that is.

Oh yeah... Don't get Ireland mixed up with Northern Ireland. There basically two completely different places.

Yeah, we spent quite a bit of time in both. We made a point of never discussing politics, I think this was much appreciated. The military patrols and such were unsettling, but we learned to ignore them. I can't imagine living with that everyday, however ... hasn't it improved over the last few years?

Axel, I take it you must live there? Is it Ireland or Northern Ireland?

As an afterthought I would like to make it very clear that I am not denying that there is historical violence and, to make the matter worse, kids who enjoy rioting; just I'd hate for the world to believe that the latter ones are more relevant.

BUT the people that riot in Nothern Ireland are kids..
    There all 15 and 16 year old and for the older ones there well there just junkys..
    Nothing to do with religion or anything, the same at football matches no one riots because of football they just feel like a riot.

Who lives in Nothern Ireland? ok are the rioters mostly kids? are the olders ones just older thugs that are junkys?.

It's true.

Originally posted by Rotifer
    Yeah, we spent quite a bit of time in both. We made a point of never discussing politics, I think this was much appreciated. The military patrols and such were unsettling, but we learned to ignore them. I can't imagine living with that everyday, however ... hasn't it improved over the last few years?
    I am sure that Axel can give you more up-to-date information but according to some relatives: not at all

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast