Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is anyone reliable anymore?

Well having 2 servers with RS made me decide a couple months ago to try and split up my load a little and look for other providers for our next server.. Well needless to say every company I have seen pop up with good deals in the past six months seem to all be in a downward spiral to unreliablility. So what I would like is for some of you veterans to tell me some of your GOOD experiences with server providers. Please only post if you have been with this provider 9 months or more.. I am not looking for the cheapest prices but I dont really want to pay Rackspace prices as we can also manage the boxes fine ourself. Thanks in advance.

http://hostmania.net They are very new, but looks very good.
    Last edited by DomiNET.net; 07-16-2002 at 09:50 PM.

Originally posted by dominet
    http://hostmania.net They are very new, but looks very good.
    LOL well all I am getting in a timeout Anyway I am looking for replys from hosts that have used there providers for 9 or more months.. Alot of the "new" places looked promising but look what happened within 6 months.. down the drain... Looks like i will stick with Rackshack I just thought it might be nice that IF anything were to happen that it would be better to only have half the people yelling at me ... Anyway Rackshack has done pretty good by me so far so I guess I'll stick with them..

yeah that hostmania is really great , if the page would ever load , what great reliablity they have
    phantasyworkshosting.com

i haven't heard bad things about rackspace.com. have you considered them?

http://pwebtech.com

I can personally recommend http://pwebtech.com

I have been with them for 9 months now and I can only remember one 15 min routing issue in the past 9 months. Other than that I have not experienced any down time and we monitor our boxes remotely. Support has also been great, they have very good sys-admins on their staff and they respond to issues very quickly.

They are not the cheapest on the block but they are a very good value for what you get. If you are building a serious business grade service you can count on pwebtech to deliver.

I tried RS and interserver.net before I finally got fed up with down time and poor support then I moved to pwebtech and things have been great!

Remember, you get what you pay for, there is no FREE LUNCH!

eservers and rackspace !!

Hostmania look awesome from what they say - I will get a server with them relatively soon and review! This should answer any questions as they arise

www.voxel.net
    very good company
    EXTREMELY reliable
    been with them since Dec 2001.

No down time what so ever.

These guys never say no

NO i don't work for voxel, i wish.

i haven't read anything bad about www.webreseller.net lately, except some delays with their moving to their new data center.

VO, I been with them for more than 1 year, and they service its GREAT!, I couldn't be more happy of use VO for my bussines.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

FDCSERVERS!!!!

OKIhost check this thread: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=61172

I just posted my review of my new dedicated host!

Eservers.biz 4 servers with them so far. They are the best company for dedicated servers. You will be very happy with them .
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Originally posted by Myacen
    Eservers.biz 4 servers with them so far. They are the best company for dedicated servers. You will be very happy with them .
    I hear lots of great things about eservers.biz and I believe them to be true. They are always quick to respond to questions.

Not to slam them but do I have one big problem, you can never order a server when you really need one. They can not seem to commit to an availability date in most cases unless they have a large block of servers coming in. There site always says sold out when you try to order. It seems they get a big block of servers at once then nothing for weeks.

If you have a growing business I do not see how you can depend on their server delivery timeframes. I am not sure what the issue is but availability of servers is a serious consideration when selecting a long term provider for a rapidly growing business.

I guess once you get in things are great but it is like a secret club that takes a long time to get join

Greetings OKIHost:

"I am not looking for the cheapest prices but I dont really want to pay Rackspace prices as we can also manage the boxes fine ourself. Thanks in advance."

Rackspace.com does not manage the boxes for you. They manage the network and they manage the hardware; you are still responsible for managing the servers.

There is an old saying you get what you pay for, and chances are high you will end up more towards the Rackspace.com end for reliability and quality than towoards the Rackshack.net end.

Just some food for thought.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

"Good deals" and high reliability are seemingly like oil and water. If you're running a business, you've got to put more weight on the reliability end of the balance bar.

I mean, you can get cheap bandwidth on a single provider through a Cogent-lit facility, or you can pay the premium and colo your servers in an InterNAP facility with their 9 backbone providers and their daily network remapping. Or, you can find something in between.
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

I think I may try out http://www.fastservers.net in the not-so-distant future.

They seem to have been around for a while, and I haven't heard any complaints here on WHT as of yet, so why not, i guess? lol

Originally posted by 311
    I think I may try out http://www.fastservers.net in the not-so-distant future.

They seem to have been around for a while, and I haven't heard any complaints here on WHT as of yet, so why not, i guess? lol
    You only live once

Originally posted by HostingDirect

I hear lots of great things about eservers.biz and I believe them to be true. They are always quick to respond to questions.

Not to slam them but do I have one big problem, you can never order a server when you really need one. They can not seem to commit to an availability date in most cases unless they have a large block of servers coming in. There site always says sold out when you try to order. It seems they get a big block of servers at once then nothing for weeks.

If you have a growing business I do not see how you can depend on their server delivery timeframes. I am not sure what the issue is but availability of servers is a serious consideration when selecting a long term provider for a rapidly growing business.

I guess once you get in things are great but it is like a secret club that takes a long time to get join
    HostingDirect,

We understand your concern and the issue with server availability is being worked on as I type.

We are currently working on a NEW deal/facility.
    This will allow us to offer a lot more servers than we have or can at the current facility.

Keep tuned for more info, the best way to keep informed on our server deals and availability is by joining the mailing list, as soon as anything is released the people on the mailing list get a courtesy email from us.
    Coreix™ | your solution™ www.coreix.net - 08000226734 - ISO27001 Certified
    Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Secure Cages - Enterprise & Managed Solutions - Clustering - LoadBalancing - High Availability - Hosted Exchange 2007
    NEW Tier III London DC with power sourced from 100% renewable sources, N+N UPS, N+1 Chillers and CRAC units, Mist Fire Suppression, Biometric and Man Trap security to all data areas

Originally posted by cabalstudios

Keep tuned for more info, the best way to keep informed on our server deals and availability is by joining the mailing list, as soon as anything is released the people on the mailing list get a courtesy email from us.
    Thanks, I am on the mailing list! This sounds like some great news, Good luck!

Back before we started our own place, when we were at VDI.net we had a fairly good experience, and they have been improving since and seem quite reliable now.

-Brendan

I'm not sure what's up with Hostmania's main page but I can tell you that all the tests I've run to their Internap network have only been the best. As hostpath mentioned, with their 9 different backbone providers, your clients will always have a great route to the server. Their main page is on their Cogent line so that may be at fault but I have yet to hear any customers complain here so there's probably just something wrong with their HTTP box. Chavvron has some excellent deals on the Internap net...I'd e-mail him ASAP.

We are very happy with AffordableColo and Pwebtech.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

Originally posted by HostingDirect

*waves hand*

waiting from the 22nd June!
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast