FreeBSD4.6 + Apache + FrontPage + PHP + MySQL + mod_perl

Hi everyone,

Can anyone provide a guide or url for me to read on how to I install apache so that I can host domains with/without FrontPage enabled, PHP, cgi access, mod_perl, MySQL support etc...

Any advice or guide or url would be greatly appreciated as I am considered an idiot in FreeBSD

Many thanks in advance

Kindest regards,

Apache installation is the same on FreeBSD or Linux - only the layout files are different. You do a tarball install of Apache 1.3.26 for best control on what you want

The best instruction for installing Apache is inside the tarball! Read the documentation that comes with Apache and you can work your way through it.

As for mod_perl or fp it is again enabling modules either at compile time or run time. mySQL has got nothing to do with httpd.

If you have the latest ports collection you can also think of installing httpd thru the ports collection

For CGI I recommend you compile Apache with suEXEC enabled .. again the documentation in Apache INSTALL is fairly easy

You first read through and print out or save to your PC al relevant documentation

You just have to jump in the water and start swimming.. there is no how-to about swimming and even if there is it is no substitute for jumping in the water! You should know this best mon ami!

Offering Managed Servers - for an exclusive clientèle who value uptime, caring support and superior technology.

check out this howto, pretty nice one (aimed at Linux users but should be fine for you too!)

There are a few older files, I copied two URLs:

Apache + MySQL + PHP

Assuming that you have MySQL installed.
    1) Get apache
    2) Get PHP
    3) Extract PHP and apache from sources in one folder
    4) cd php-<version>
    5) ./configure --with-apache=../apache_<version> --with-mysql --enable-track-vars (more options can be set here)
    6) make && make install
    7) cd ../apache_<version>
    8) ./configure && make && make install