Question Domain Appraisal Services?

What are some good domain appraisal services to find out the worth of a domain name? Any good free ones?

Thanks!
    "Last year, some resourceful software enthusiasts cracked Sony Music's proprietary technology simply by scribbling around the edges of the disc with a Magic Marker pen, thus enabling playback on any device." - news.com

well, there are a few forums where people appraise the domain names (for free).. dnforum.com for example

Most paid for domain appraisal services are totally useless, they picke numbers out of the air (usually hughely higher then the real value of the domain) and charge you lots for it.

The only real way to find out is as suggested to ask people who have no financial gain from it and who buy domains themselves.

I agree!

Originally posted by g4p
    Most paid for domain appraisal services are totally useless, they picke numbers out of the air (usually hughely higher then the real value of the domain) and charge you lots for it.

The only real way to find out is as suggested to ask people who have no financial gain from it and who buy domains themselves.
    Great advice. I visit dnforum.com regualrly, and they give really good advice regarding domains and their value.

I have only ever used a paid valuation service on one occasion, the company i used was echoarts.com
    I used them when someone was wanting to buy one of my domains, and they gave a reasonable valuation. They do not value domains at very high prices like others.
    I used that valuation in the negotiations and the domain name was sold. Not sure how much the valuation helped.
    However, I would never use a service like that if I were just curious about the value of one of my domain names. I agree, that the best advice is free unbiased advice.