Angry Pop-up ads on your TV?!

Did anyone else see this on slashdot? http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/07/15/208217
    I guess you won't be able to close them either! Holy cow, what will they think of next?
    Glide Hosting
    Domain Names and Web Hosting
    Multi-processor, SCSI RAID, redundant, fast support
    www.glidehosting.com

lol thats sad

I watch very little TV as it is right now. I guess this means I'll watch even less if this goes into place. Pretty sad that they don't just leave everyone alone. Maybe consumers aren't being fooled anymore to the quick sales pitches.
    Mark Blair

It makes sense, and its sad to think that companies will pay for that. No respect for the consumer.

Sad.....
    "Last year, some resourceful software enthusiasts cracked Sony Music's proprietary technology simply by scribbling around the edges of the disc with a Magic Marker pen, thus enabling playback on any device." - news.com

haha - pop-ups are ****ed - we will now have warez distro's for free-to-air tv now to escape popups

I guess pop-unders won't be too far behind, like everytime you change the channel!!! uh oh.... I like to flip

Dave
    Glide Hosting
    Domain Names and Web Hosting
    Multi-processor, SCSI RAID, redundant, fast support
    www.glidehosting.com

www.atlanticrail.com

I hate to say this, but ads are a pain and not much would be here if it's not for advertising $$$. TV shows, websites, newspaper, magazines, etc all depends on ads to survive. Who will foot the bill for your fav mag/tv show? Do you want to pay more than $50/magazine so that the publishers don't have to use ads to subsidise printing, content, editors, journos, PROFIT, business costs? Just like "sticky ads" on WHT.

I must admit there's a very fine line between more profit and less profit...at the end of the day, it's all about the dough BUT you do have a choice - you don't have to tune-in, log-on, etc...vote with your feet, mouse, remote!

50$ for a magazine eeeeeek, only if it comes with 25 cd's but seriously commercials are ok, it gives you time to get something to drink and eat while watching tv but on the other hand i also like not to be interrupted when watching something i like...so hmmmmm

tn3, while ads have made the shows we watch successful, profit-wise, there is still a point where they do too much. I don't mind the companies running commercials for advertising and I've even grown used to watching the previews on movies you buy on VHS and DVD. But if they start slamming those same ads in front of you to interfere with your favorite TV programming, you can't just turn them off or you'd be turning off your favorite show. If this does get adapted, it would be a mistake by any company using this type of advertising.
    Mark Blair

My, out of most of the shows I watch now, commericals already take up the majority of the time. I watch a 60 minute show and commercials already take up 40 minutes of that time. I would expect to see at least 20 minutes of quality programming, but nooooo... now they need to clutter that with ads too.

Hmm... maybe someone will come out with a pop-up stopper for a television.
    -Bruce