Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Well, i do have the right to reply don't I?

Originally posted by iamdave
    Didn't seem that way when you became all defensive, when I made those comments.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by edude
    Well, i do have the right to reply don't I?

Of course you do.
      0 Not allowed!

Iamdave, i probably have a right to reply for now, but i won't when Robert reads this thread
      0 Not allowed!

Iamdave, i probably have a right to reply for now, but i won't when Robert reads this thread
    I doubt Robert would act so childish as to do that.
      0 Not allowed!

I guess time will tell my fate
      0 Not allowed!

edude, I think you need to calm down a little. Its interesting because just a day before I was accused of being too serioues in an ad forum, and now you act even more aggressively in the lounge forum. (after your traditions of green faces).

Going back on topic, I think Robert is justified in posting that sticky thread. He didn't post a sticky thread to promote rackshack; he did it to help out the many web hosting clients with a gentle reminder.

As for whether his status has anything to do with it: of course it does. He owns this forum, and as long as he acts morally, he can indulge himself a bit. There are people in life who can afford to publish their views, and others who cannot. Robert owns this place, and his action is coming from good intention, I don't see why this should even be discussed.

P.S. he/rackshack is paying for the storage that is storing your(everyone's) very words.

Peter
      0 Not allowed!

Can you post me the link where you were accused in the ad forum?

BTW, more people have agreed with my opinion than disagreed, so i don't think i was accused

BTW, i really just posted this to reach the 2,000 post mark..

I've reached it so, i'll take it easy...

I couldn't care less about what robert does to this forum, as long as i reach chickens 10,000 posts..
      0 Not allowed!

I couldn't care less about what robert does to this forum, as long as i reach chickens 10,000 posts..
    Just about sums up your entire argument
    Web Hosting since 1999
      0 Not allowed!

I think every post by headsurfer is shameless self promotion and putting a stain on this board. I really dislike the taste RS leaves on here and I really disagree with the influence headsurfer has. I thought this board was to remain RS free?
    So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?" And he says, 'Oh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice." --Bill Murray Caddyshack
      0 Not allowed!

The thread I was referring to was this:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=60532

I can't say I respect your goal of post count. Really, I think you are losing more respects and reputations than you gain by more post counts. Many of us aspire to higher post count, but the proper way is to gain that status by contributing useful content to the forum, not just posting whatever talkable.

This is why I think all posts in the lounge fourm should not count toward post count.

Maybe it is time that I should leave WHT behind.

Peter
      0 Not allowed!

Who cares if edude is agressive with his posts or high strung, its a free board.....or is it ?!?
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC
    Managed Servers - Virtual Private Servers | AMD EPYC Dedicated servers
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | (888)-338-5261 | greg @ jaguarpc.com
      0 Not allowed!

So what? it doesn't take you long to post 500 posts...
    Not when the posts are as useless as yours...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Jag
    Who cares if edude is agressive with his posts or high strung, its a free board.....or is it ?!?
    This isn't a free board (I think Chicken once repealed the doctrine of free speech). It is moderated.

Furthermore, posts made here are not just staight out to the trash. They are read by people; people like me who have a mind, a spirit, and a taste. If anything, the posts are the interaction among the participants. Bad posts/negative posts represent negative interactions. I fortunately was not the target of such aggression, but I certain want the board to remain cooperative and I could understand how negative interaction turns people off.

To answer your question: everyone who reads cares.

Peter
      0 Not allowed!

headsurfer just bothers me.. so snooty and snooby. I love how free (moderated) this board is that I can say this.
    So we finish the 18th and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know?" And he says, 'Oh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that goin' for me, which is nice." --Bill Murray Caddyshack
      0 Not allowed!

Well I asked and got an answer, what more could I want!
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC
    Managed Servers - Virtual Private Servers | AMD EPYC Dedicated servers
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | (888)-338-5261 | greg @ jaguarpc.com
      0 Not allowed!

1 leaving will not make much difference, but if we leave in quanity it will... So he has to listen or at least reply to our views.. To keep his members..
    We need his board more than he needs us. This place used to be very helpful when I first started visiting here months ago. I never posted. Just studied, researched.

Now I have a tendency to share sentiments with ckpeter:
    I wonder if these threads would be more meaningful if the community members could vote on banishment of abusers?
    Mothers of the world unite! Spank your sons and make them quit fighting...
      0 Not allowed!

I did contribute, i started a very interesting thread that received 100 replies +...

Go ahead and leave wht, i doubt anyone would care

The muse, hmm the first one you would vote for would be me wouldn't you?

I'll just ignore your replies since they carry on from our nocster discussion..

Originally posted by ckpeter
    The thread I was referring to was this:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=60532

I can't say I respect your goal of post count. Really, I think you are losing more respects and reputations than you gain by more post counts. Many of us aspire to higher post count, but the proper way is to gain that status by contributing useful content to the forum, not just posting whatever talkable.

This is why I think all posts in the lounge fourm should not count toward post count.

Peter
      0 Not allowed!

I guess so, any problems?

Originally posted by davehooper.net

Just about sums up your entire argument
      0 Not allowed!

Can you stop insulting every thread i start or reply in? I think i'm going to have to report you to chicken soon..

Its getting a bit old, stay away from my threads and i'll stay away from yours.

Originally posted by amusive.com

Not when the posts are as useless as yours...
      0 Not allowed!

ckpeter, i have as much right as you to post here...

If you have a problem with my post, report it to a moderator..

Chicken has no pm'ed me and told me i was doing something wrong, so i think i'll go ahead and keep posting my so called "useless" threads..

Thanks Jag, at least someone here has a "brain"..

Originally posted by ckpeter

This isn't a free board (I think Chicken once repealed the doctrine of free speech). It is moderated.

Furthermore, posts made here are not just staight out to the trash. They are read by people; people like me who have a mind, a spirit, and a taste. If anything, the posts are the interaction among the participants. Bad posts/negative posts represent negative interactions. I fortunately was not the target of such aggression, but I certain want the board to remain cooperative and I could understand how negative interaction turns people off.

To answer your question: everyone who reads cares.

Peter
      0 Not allowed!

Oh, one more thing..

You should be able to tell i was joking about the 10,000 posts thing..

Also if you have a problem with replying to every post in this method and not in one post, report it to someone whocares
      0 Not allowed!

Can you stop insulting every thread i start or reply in? I think i'm going to have to report you to chicken soon..

Its getting a bit old, stay away from my threads and i'll stay away from yours.

I'm simply pointing out that you're useless, you rip on companies you know nothing about, etc, just to raise your post count or for some other reason I won't even begin to try to concieve.

If you have a problem, report me to a moderator. Chicken has not pm'ed me and told me I was doing something wrong, so I think I'll go ahead and keep posting.

Oh wait -- rules only apply when they're in your favor, right?
      0 Not allowed!

So what, my posts are useless whocares...

Do you have to point that out every post i post?
      0 Not allowed!

Hey amusive,

your site is down, i think its cogent
      0 Not allowed!

ummmmmmm, do you know the percentage rate of how many of those 16,000 members actually post? i think its a very low rate...

Maybe chicken can post us some facts on this topic...
    5474 members have posted within the last 3 months.
    4452 members have posted within the last 2 months.
    3110 members have posted within the last month.
    1589 members posted this past week.
    830 members posted yesterday.

This is registered members who have posted only.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken
      0 Not allowed!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast