Suggestions for a dedicated hosting provider?

I'm looking for a reasonable price on a dedicated server . I have a lot of unix experience including running ISPs for a few years and plenty of remote administration and compromised server clean-ups so the administration is something I'd rather do for myself. I have a server with serverpronto but largely, they're a exasperating company to deal with anytime something happens and since I don't particularly care for them any longer and I need to move up my server specs a bit I figure this is a good time as any to switch providers. Here's the specs for what I would like to have... (preferably).

IP Console
    IP Power
    Debian 4
    512MB-1G Ram (more the merrier)
    50+GB HD (more the merrier)
    2500+ or better AMD or 2400MHz or better Intel
    No control panel/minimal install by default
    Responsive to the RBL providers (eg: not blacklisted like sp is frequently)
    Unmanaged but having decent and prompt customer support if required

Unfortunately, I'm not making money off the sites I host (mostly friends, personal sites, and family, etc) so cheaper is better (eg: $150+ hosts are out.)

Any advice?

Edit: I would also prefer a provider who I can count on being there in a year so someone with some kind of established history would be good.
    Last edited by shadus; 05-29-2007 at 06:22 PM.

You'll want to check out the Dedicated Sever Offerings of WHT using the following link. Your requests are very reasonable and you should be able to find specials and hosts that easily suits your needs. Best of luck finding the right host for you.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/index.php
    - Donovan K
    Want to monitor and manage your customers Windows systems by Client software, web portal, or mobile phone?
    Automated scripts, patching, and remote access too? Ask me how!

Not sure why the previous user gave you a link to the front page of WHT but you may want to look at LayeredTech. They are always running specials and their systems all meet or exceed your requirements.

[theBleeber@wht01] ~ $ cat .signature
    cat: .signature: No such file or directory

Quote Originally Posted by CaroTech04 View Post
    Not sure why the previous user gave you a link to the front page of WHT but you may want to look at LayeredTech. They are always running specials and their systems all meet or exceed your requirements.

I was wondering about that, figured he might come back and fix the link so I was waiting heh.

Do you have any experience with their customer support and such and how are their provisioning times generally speaking?

Quote Originally Posted by CaroTech04 View Post
    Last call, anyone else have any hosts that they've been at for a while that are both reasonably priced and meet/exceed my expectations above?

Quote Originally Posted by shadus View Post
    Last call, anyone else have any hosts that they've been at for a while that are both reasonably priced and meet/exceed my expectations above?
    I really think you should do the walking. Asking for specific needs just limits your choices.

For your price, versaweb.net has plans that fit. Even though versaweb.net has been around a while, I have no experience with them so I cannot tell how good they are. It's just that I know this company for a long time (probably more than 2 years) but never really have a chance to try them out.

Good luck.