hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Employment Offers & Requests : Systems Management Requests : Server Admin Wanted for Linux/Apache/MySQL box

Forum Jump

Server Admin Wanted for Linux/Apache/MySQL box

Reply Post New Thread In Systems Management Requests Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2007, 04:16 PM

Server Admin Wanted for Linux/Apache/MySQL box

Mine is a classic story:

My 'server guy' set up my web server a couple of years ago with promises as to his unfailing reliability and 24/7 availability.

However, now that my server is getting hammered by devious individuals bent on using my server as their own personal spam-production machine, he is too busy to give me the time of day.

Almost every day, my monitoring center emails me to let me know that my server is drowning under a sudden torent of activity only to email me again five minutes later to say that everything is ok again.

Recently, I've been getting some rather nasty emails from them complaining that phishing messages are originating from my server only for them to forgive me and forget everything a couple of days later, when I can only assume, the traffic has died down again. This cycle repeats with disturbing frequency and I've run out of lies to tell them regarding the diligence and urgency with which my 'server guy' is dealing with the issue.

I need a new 'server guy'. Please help.

Notice to Consumers
Thread Summary Please be aware that every offer has limits beyond what is displayed in the thread. You should visit the site advertising and read any Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy they have in place. If you can't find answers on how they measure what you're purchasing, ask. If the offer or request doesn't regard some type of hosting, you still need to research beyond what’s printed in the ad.
  • Research any provider to know what limits are in place, especially with any offer concerning disk space and/or bandwidth. These are generally defined in the TOS or AUP.
  • Read provider reviews. If you find no reviews, create a thread and ask for others' first-hand experience with the provider.
  • If you're unsure on the exact details of an offer - ask. Simply respond to this thread and ask the provider for clarification.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Problem Solver

Feel free to contact sales@rack911.com. I am sure we can work something out.

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Web Hosting Guru

We will be happy to manage your servers for you. Please contact us (send an email to sales@techbrein.com or via our website http://www.TechBrein.com) for details. Thanks!

||
Setup Enterprise Servers:: Server Security :: Server Administration On Demand

Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Disabled

I can assist, please email sales@firmbit.com

Old 05-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Web Hosting Master

I can help you out. Th fee costs $29/mo. You can order at http://TheServerDoctor.com. I can start on this today and fix the issue today for you.

Old 05-29-2007, 07:05 PM

I can help you with your servers. Contact sales@marques.cx and we can talk. I'll send you my LinkedIn profile and references, if requested.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Web Hosting Master

Is there any instant messenger for you to discuss more about this?
Seems you don't have enough posts to send a PM too.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:43 PM
Disabled

Still in search?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristingreen View Post
Mine is a classic story:

My 'server guy' set up my web server a couple of years ago with promises as to his unfailing reliability and 24/7 availability.

However, now that my server is getting hammered by devious individuals bent on using my server as their own personal spam-production machine, he is too busy to give me the time of day.

Almost every day, my monitoring center emails me to let me know that my server is drowning under a sudden torent of activity only to email me again five minutes later to say that everything is ok again.

Recently, I've been getting some rather nasty emails from them complaining that phishing messages are originating from my server only for them to forgive me and forget everything a couple of days later, when I can only assume, the traffic has died down again. This cycle repeats with disturbing frequency and I've run out of lies to tell them regarding the diligence and urgency with which my 'server guy' is dealing with the issue.

I need a new 'server guy'. Please help.
We will be happy to manage your servers for you. Please contact us through email at support@hostechsupport.com or via our website http://www.hostechsupport.com for details. Thanks!

Old 05-30-2007, 12:17 AM
WHT Addict

Hi,

I can help you,please PM me..

Old 05-31-2007, 10:53 AM

Hi Kristin,

Are you using Exim for email on the server? If so, I'd be happy to reconfigure that for you at no charge. If you are happy with it, we can discuss terms for ongoing service. You can email me at c.ciufo@invisiontech.net

Old 06-01-2007, 10:07 PM

Thank You!

Thank you all for your quick responses! I'm actually a little overwhelmed by the quantity and quality of the replies.

I really do need a new server guy and I will be contacting each one of you in turn.

Ultimately, I really should be learning more about my server so that I can do some of this myself but I'm not sure that I really have time for that.

Thanks again.

Kristin

Old 06-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Disabled

Please email me at serverwiz@gmail.com and I can assist you for a cheap price.

Old 06-02-2007, 01:42 AM
Web Hosting Master

You can email me at insidefremont@hotmail.com or add to messenger. I just helped another WHT user (last night) and he was more than impressed. Got lots of client's you can talk to and look for a long term or short term relationship with. I'm sure I can show / teach you everything I do and explain it , so you don't have to be like "I have no idea why he did this or how he did it". I do admit though it takes nearly 24 hours to do this since I prepare small flash videos explaining how to do things and run scans,etc - letting you learn at the same time. Anyhow if interested just email (and a phone number OR messenger id would do a deal of good)

Regards

Old 06-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Community Liaison

Good luck Kristin.

My recommendations:

Rack911 is very good.
Techbrein is very good.

Firmbit has a good reputation but I have never used them.

If you want to learn how to secure your server, I suggest first get an admin to get you caught up and ask them what they did. There are some tutorials on this board that may help you get started but what you are describing requires an actual qualified admin to clean up.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Junior Guru

For low costs you can email me at mrzodiac@modulahost.com for a quote.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Admin-Ahead Server Technologies Listing 2014-09-20 20:46:21
Apache Continues to Dominate Web Server Market in Netcraft May Survey Web Hosting News 2013-05-06 14:29:02
Researchers Urge System Admins to Check for New Apache Web Server Backdoor Malware Web Hosting News 2013-05-01 11:35:53
Apache Loses 9.9 Million Sites in Netcraft April 2013 Web Server Survey Web Hosting News 2013-04-03 14:42:33
Microsoft Sees Largest Gain in Host Names in December 2012 Netcraft Web Server Survey Web Hosting News 2012-12-05 13:38:09