canadian paypal ques

Hi,

I know this is not a paypal forum. But I figure maybe there are some canadian wht users who use paypal and know the answer to my question.

I signed up with paypal, and then added my credit card info, and my bank account info.

(I live in canada)

I was wondering... Isn't there a thing where when you add your bank account, they withdraw like 50 cents and like 40 cents? or two amounts, under one dollar? And then they ask you to enter those two amounts?

Isn't that what paypal does to "test" to make sure there is a connection between my paypal acct and my bank acct ?

Well It's been I believe 5 days now..? and I haven't received anything like that

Or is that for US banks only..?

(my friend lives in the US, he has paypal and he said thats what they did to his..?)

I wanted to withdraw like $2 to see if the transfer will go through to my acct, but it says min. is $25 withdraw.

So to all canadian paypal users, or even paypaldamon:

If you're canadian, and you add your bank account, does paypal take out two amounts that are under $1 and ask you to enter the two amounts that paypal withdrew from your bank acct?

They don't withdraw money... they deposit it I'm not sure if it's different for Canadians though.
    -elevation

yea
    sorry
    that's what i meant
    so i'm just wondering if they do that with canadians

I am Canadian, but I never could get the bank transfer to work. So I use the PayPal MasterCard. And just withdrawl from the bank. The good thing about that is you get cash back for using it like that. (not much below 1%) But hey!

Hope that helps

so what happend?

Did you try to withdraw like $25 from your PP to your bank acct ?? did it just come back to your PP acct ? Or?

let me know.

Well I tried it (2times at the same time) and they were both denied for some reason, and paypal charged me $40 for that (american). So I never tried again.

LOL
    thats horrible
    =/
    the min. you can withdraw is $25

so i'm not sure if i want to.... try it

Right, your best bet is that credit card. It works good, no complaints on my end.

Yes, PayPal shows up on your credit card statement and then you have to enter the numbers (4 I believe) that appear next to the words PAYPAL XXXX on your credit card in order to activate your PayPal account. I believe they only do this on the CREDIT CARD to prove that you are who you say you are and have not stolen someone elses credit card.

They have never debited or credited funds to our BANK ACCOUNT....

By the way, we are Canadian too eh?

hmm
    so only your cc
    (i know about that part)

well I guess ill risk taking out $25 one time, and see if it works

and DJImpact, I think its called paypal debit card not master card

i wonder if paypal damon will read this

I'm not sure what bank you're with, but I could withdraw money from my PayPal account to my RoyalBank account in Canada (I live in Nova Scotia). It wasn't that difficult to setup. Never had a problem with it, and it works great...only thing is they give a pretty bad exchange rate. It takes maybe 3-4 days to go through, sometimes it's only one day.

Jeff Dyer

okay thanks