SiteTurn is STILL scamming me... need advice

It's funny how the original reason why I joined this community about 1/2 a year ago was to find a way AWAY from Siteturn... yet they're still in my life and still charging me for services I AM NOT USING.

So, let me tell you...

I canceled my account with them in February only 1 or 2 weeks after I joined because they got hacked and my personal information was being splurged all over the place...

I also demanded a refund as per their money back guarantee...

Case-closed, right? WRONG...

Not only did they not give me back my money, but in May they charged me for the next 4 months of service!

Since February I've been demanding a refund, and since May I've been demanding a bigger refund (to cover the additional charges) and they still have not complied. E-mails, phone calls, chats, I've done it all, and many times at that... and it all ends with a "Please send an e-mail to our [email protected] address and it will be taken care of"....

So I ask you, WHAT CAN I DO?

well if you have tried EVERYTHING you can think of... then call the credit card company and ask for a chargeback.

However this should only be done as a LAST resort.

is there something negative about using this "charge back" feature? I've not used it before and do not know what it's about, although I assume it just means the company charges them back for the money?

yes thats right.. the credit card company will basically take back the money from the host.

the problem with this feature is that alot of people use it too freely and it sometimes isnt the hosts fault. However if a host gets too many chargebacks then their merchant account will be shut down. That can cause alot of problems for a company, especially is the host is not at fault for the problem.

so thats why i recommend that you should really try everything else possible first.

I definitely have exhausted every method of contacting them that I can think of...

and if chargeback does get them in trouble, I may use that feature as they have not been helpful at all in the past half year.

I will wait 2 more days as I've sent them a last e-mail today and see what happens...

Meanwhile, if you think of any other ideas, please let me know.

And thanks for the help thus far!

Hey tell us what happens after you try a chargeback. I'm very curious how this ends up!

Siteturn Corporate info...

raine - I searched the California Secretary of State's Corporation Business Information (http://kepler.ss.ca.gov/list.html) and found this:

Corporation
    SITETURN NETWORKS, INC.
    Number: C2345257 Date Filed: 5/30/2001 Status: active
    Jurisdiction: California
    Mailing Address
    3239 RAMOS CIR
    SACRAMENTO, CA 95827
    Agent for Service of Process
    TAGHI ALEREZA
    3239 RAMOS CIR
    SACRAMENTO, CA 95827

I would try Emailing them AND sending the same letter by snail mail to the above address. Let them know that if they don't resolve your situation, you will contact the Secretary of State of the State of California and the Attorney General's Consumer Complaint Department, state of California with a formal complaint.

See what happens. Let us know.

This is a good example of what you can do when the business is legally registered with the state. If they weren't, you might have a hard time following up with any clout if push came to shove (see my post: Protecting yourself when looking for hosting providers... at: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=61255

Good luck...
    Mothers of the world unite! Spank your sons and make them quit fighting...

Thanks!

Thanks for all the input!

And thank you VERY MUCH the-muse!

I'll definitely e-mail and snail-mail them with this information.

and will keep everyone posted.

Originally posted by raine
    I will wait 2 more days as I've sent them a last e-mail today and see what happens...
    Are you nuts? It's been four months - charge this back before you run out of time to do so (you may already have).

-Bob

You're right...

Are you nuts? It's been four months - charge this back before you run out of time to do so (you may already have).
    I think it is too late to reclaim the money back guarantee, but it isn't to reclaim the additional 4 months they billed me - I called my VISA company and they've suspended that payment and have also begun an investigation.

I have e-mailed SiteTurn letting them know that I have contacted VISA and will be contacting the Secretary of State of the State of California ... let's see what they say...

it's amazing how nobody replies...ever

hmmm, for kix, try emailing them (using different addy) as a prospective client, and ask a few questions, one of which would be about the money back guarantee.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Re: You're right...

Originally posted on SiteTurn.com
    The mission of SiteTurn Networks is to offer customers premier Web hosting and Internet identity services and tools, combined with superb customer support.

roflmao...

Originally posted by raine
    is there something negative about using this "charge back" feature? I've not used it before and do not know what it's about, although I assume it just means the company charges them back for the money?
    Originally posted by whw
    yes thats right.. the credit card company will basically take back the money from the host.

the problem with this feature is that alot of people use it too freely and it sometimes isnt the hosts fault. However if a host gets too many chargebacks then their merchant account will be shut down. That can cause alot of problems for a company, especially is the host is not at fault for the problem.

so thats why i recommend that you should really try everything else possible first.

Yes if a host has to many chargebacks then yes they can eventually have their merchant account pulled or their rate raised for being high risk.

On the flip side,

YES try EVERYTHING in your power to get a merchant to reverse the charges because if a consumer racks up to many chargeback request, they can have their card terminated for to many chargebacks.

Don't make them a habit as is always thrown around here.

Have you even threatened a chargeback to the host? I would try that if you haven't
    L. James Prevo - President/Owner
    Prevo Network, LLC - http://www.prevo.net
    Est. 1999 - Month to Month Billing!!