Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Small Companies - PO Boxes

Im not sure if this is the correct forum or not... but I have a question.

Do any of the smaller webhosting companies uses PO Boxes or have one? I am intending to get one when I get home from vacation, but am just wondering how much they normally cost.

Thanks,
    Alec

i think they are about 5 bucks a month around here.

they shouldnt cost too much more than that.

Ours costs $50 per year.
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

Great... thanks for the information. Thats what somebody else told me but I just wanted to double check.

Depends where you are, ours costs $38/year

$20 for 6 months, smallest po box.
    Dot Simple LLC
    aim: johna11en | yah: johna11en | msn: johna11en@hotmail.com | e-mail

What happens if they can't fit your mail in your PO Box?

If something comes that won't fit in the box you have, they leave you a pick it up at the window card.

We pay 65 a year for ours!
    Mike

I get mine free. The postwoman and I just take it out in trade.

$27 per 6 months, for ours.

$18 for 6 months, smallest size, at USPS. I don't know how their rates compare to mail boxes at places like Mail Boxes Etc.

Originally posted by chrisb
    I get mine free. The postwoman and I just take it out in trade.
    What/?????

http://dynastyhost.com -Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Plans
    Web Hosting Since 1999
    Toll Free 1-866-307-HOST

Originally posted by kreativ
    $18 for 6 months, smallest size, at USPS. I don't know how their rates compare to mail boxes at places like Mail Boxes Etc.
    Our's is the smallest one too, I wonder why it costs more...

Originally posted by iamdave
    Our's is the smallest one too, I wonder why it costs more...
    ROFLMAO!

Those prices are relatively cheap, I'm assuming most of them are located in the US? Here in the UK, we're paying about $150/year for a P.O. box, but that inlcudes the Post Office delivering any mail that is sent to it, so we don't have to go checking it or to go and collect the mail .

Alan
    Alan Ho
    Former Systems Administrator

I had a box at Mail Boxes Etc. and if I remember right, it was something like $12 every 1 or 2 months. I cancelled it a long time ago so I can't really remember and now have my own office, so I have a "suite"-style PO Box downstairs that doesn't cost me anything.
    "Last year, some resourceful software enthusiasts cracked Sony Music's proprietary technology simply by scribbling around the edges of the disc with a Magic Marker pen, thus enabling playback on any device." - news.com

Originally posted by ho247
    Those prices are relatively cheap, I'm assuming most of them are located in the US? Here in the UK, we're paying about $150/year for a P.O. box, but that inlcudes the Post Office delivering any mail that is sent to it, so we don't have to go checking it or to go and collect the mail .

Alan
    That would be nice, to have the Post Office deliver all the mail that is sent to the P.O. Box...

$210/year here, but i'm not a webhosting company

Well here in Australia they cost $50/year
    I'm going to get myself one next week when i get my driver's licence back so i can show some sort of 'photo identification' becaue you have to be 18+

I'm cancelling one of mine nuthin - so you can have mine

PO Box 69

Exclamation Post Box

Cost is Au$99 a year, right in the city central CBD. Great!!

Jason

Because our tiny city has grown so much that our mail started becomming unreliable, (Mailman would leave "we tried to deliver" notices in the mailbox, because he was too lazy to knock on the door and actually try to deliver, or somtimes they would return packages or mail saying the address did not exsist) I had to get a PObox. (That was fun telling a company I had ordered a custom part from, that my address did exsist and wanted the item re-sent.)
    I have one PObox at the US post office that is $20 for 6 months, and I can pick up my mail 24 hours a day. If there is a package, or something that is too big to fit in the box, they leave a note, and I have to go in during business hours to pick it up. The only problem is, they do not accept UPS deliveries.
    I was going to get another one at a mailbox service where they will accept UPS deliveries, but after calling around, the cheapest one was $20 a month. and a lot of them don't give you 24 hour access.
    So far I have managed to convince people to send things via the post office instead of UPS, but sometimes it can be a pain. A select few only use UPS, but I hesitate to give out my home address, because I get too much junk mail already. Odd, that junk mail never gets lost.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Here, in Breckenridge Colorado, the USPS is so lazy they won't deliver mail, so we have to buy a PO Box if we want mail.

Horrible.

Somehow school buses (delivering live children), UPS trucks, FedEX trucks and delivery men are able to make their deliveries every day, but the USPS can't deliver our mail.

And they raise their rates every few months. I won't even buy a book of stamps anymore, I can't keep track of how much it costs to mail something.

Sorry about the rant. I hate the USPS. It's the worst.

Originally posted by driverdave
    Here, in Breckenridge Colorado, the USPS is so lazy they won't deliver mail, so we have to buy a PO Box if we want mail.

Horrible.

Somehow school buses (delivering live children), UPS trucks, FedEX trucks and delivery men are able to make their deliveries every day, but the USPS can't deliver our mail.

And they raise their rates every few months. I won't even buy a book of stamps anymore, I can't keep track of how much it costs to mail something.

Sorry about the rant. I hate the USPS. It's the worst.
    forced to get a p.o. box? now that just has to show you how lazy the usps is getting in Breckenridge, Colorado

thats just horrible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast