Hybrid View

All I need from Cyberwings is......

I am so frustrated with Cyberwings. All I need is 15 minutes of being able to access my MySQL database and I will back up everything and move out of Cyberwings. I could use my old back up database but it is missing 2 weeks worth of forum posts which I like to get.

I hate it when they said that they will get things fixed by last weekend but now it is Monday and even the site cyberwings.com and cwstatus.com are down.

My fiasco history (due to trying to get a CHEAP host).

1. nuke.to
    2. cyberwings.com
    3. directoris.com (the fiasco of moving away from DonHost, then 3 times of losing our MySQL database....and keep moving from sever to server....Homer, Bart, Marge)
    4. valuablehost.com (this one has been resolved but I still remember the fiasco that I experience last year from HostExp)

ya get what ya pay for
    Nick Twaddell
    WebSpace Solutions - Custom E-Solutions
    Fast, Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting

I am now thinking of joing Dot5Hosting.com, but I am going through a hostingPHOBIA right now.

Yes, you get what you paid for....accurate 95% in real life.

Ntwaddle, I can't argue with you there. I kinda expected this would happen but decided to give it a try. The catch is, as Xman said, they went down without any notice--I have some forums that I would like to back up, too. One would think Cyberwings would care enough about the people who invested in them to give us a chance to recover our data.

To be honest, I am not all that cheap, I have other hosting accounts with Hostway, OLM, and e-Synaptix that combined total $140 a month. Why bother with a con artist like Shawn? Because my websites attract tens of thousands of visitors each week. We have been mentioned on Computer gaming TV programs, in a lot of magazines, and press websites; we have a lot of custom made downloads for gamers that cannot be found anywhere else. I attended E3 last May, at the invitation of Ubi-soft. My point is my website gets a really large amount of traffic. This bandwidth is costing me plenty and 98% of my visitors do not purchase through my affiliations and there are no real advertising dollars to be had. So I am pretty much forced to try and economize where I can. I had two CW accounts with phpBB forums. I did not need tech support to set them up. So I felt like it was a fair deal-- get super cheap hosting for a few forums and I do not bug them with hand-holding requests.

The above is not a rant, just a friendly explanation, Ntwaddle. I wish there was some income in this business so I could afford to keep it going. Thanks!!

no, i totally agree with you. I would be pissed if i lost all my forum posts too. At least if you had some pre-warning you could have exported the sql database. Its definently a ****ty deal.
    Nick Twaddell

Dude I think your srewed.., This happened to me about 3 years ago and I got screwed just like you.. I did get something out of it though.. to do atleast a weekly backup so if something like that happens.. Even if you go with a more pricey host it is always a good idea to do the backup.. I would just nicely keep asking them until there is no hope left.. There is a small chance you might get it back.. I did hear somewhere though that the repo man or something took there servers back so CW does not even have access to them anymore..

Originally posted by OKIHost
    Dude I think your srewed.., This happened to me about 3 years ago and I got screwed just like you.. I did get something out of it though.. to do atleast a weekly backup so if something like that happens.. Even if you go with a more pricey host it is always a good idea to do the backup.. I would just nicely keep asking them until there is no hope left.. There is a small chance you might get it back.. I did hear somewhere though that the repo man or something took there servers back so CW does not even have access to them anymore..
    yeah, it was also on shawns news letter yesterday. he said he is fighting to get his boxes back
    Nick Twaddell

Originally posted by ntwaddel

yeah, it was also on shawns news letter yesterday. he said he is fighting to get his boxes back
    I think he would need to pay for them to get them back..

someone posted something like, $30,000

ouch
    Nick Twaddell