im asking this question cuz , right now my proxy server donat know how to transfer this call , and then users getting error 404 ( file not found ) .
right now , im having only 1 ip address from my isp , and i dont have router and nat ( only tcp ip ) config .
all the ips is local ip in the range of 192.168.2.X ( only the proxy server have the ip from my isp ) .
- should i buy to every server ip from my isp ?
- if i do , how does its work , cuz when im connecting im getting only 1 ip address ?
- must i put the two dns server in the front of the network ( buing another line for them ) ?
thoes all my question that i have .
if some one can help with this questions , please please please msg me or even send me email to :
yea.. that what i think..
but what is the best , with nat from the os ( like windows 2000 ads ) or buing a good router ?
the money its not the problem .. im talking about hosting some thing as 100 web sites for start .. ( 60% of them using ms sql or mysql )
any way , what im saing is that all the servers is runing 24/7 ,
im using compaq proliant 6500
compaq proliant 7000
compaq proliant 800
all of them with raid 5
so im looking for the best ..
( what is the best for me router or using os config ) ?
- what about the dns servers , must i put the two dns servers in the front of the network?
- can i use local ip`s ( 192.168.2.x ) or should i buy to all my servers ip`s from my isp ?
Well, the most friendly way to do this is to just use NAT. Their is no contact with your ISP necessary and no extra costs for IP addresses. You shouldnt need active directory. Just under the administrative tools, go to routing and remote access. I'm not sure about the step by step. I haven't done this in about a year so I dont remember exactly how to do it. I'm sure a google news group search will help