Post How much are designers rates?

What do you think i should charge when i start my designing biz up later this year (xmas)?

My project im working on now is like pixelbrick quality but without the flash, music and backend. (dont check my personal site too.. its just a personal design )

How much would you pay for a designer for designing site and content?

I need to know some prices befor i hit into this kind of career.

Hey Vinh...

I think you posted in the wrong forum

X.

Depends, PixelBrick charged us $5k for a full design. And we are very satisfied with the results.

Where is your portfolio?
    Joman Sierra
    http://www.dominet.net

Design for a low price and work your way up.

It also depends on your work perforance. You got any portfolios?

A fantastic, solid portfolio is your best tool when doing design so concentrate on building this up first. Even if it means doing half a dozen sites at a stupidly cheap rate, it will be worth it as then word will spread, ppl will have past work to see and thats how you will get more work.

Don't expect to be able to charge top dollar from the start without a solid portfolio as people won't go for it I'm afraid
    Clook Internet - www.clook.net
    Fully managed UK based webhosting provider
    Est 2002, 24/7 phone support, all the bells and whistles!

Yeah... none of us can really tell you how much we would pay a designer without seeing that designer's portfolio
    Jay » [email protected] • AIM » FDrive Support
    Front Drive™ » Advanced multi-domain solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

Im not displaying my website now becuz someone might copy it or even better take my domain name, Going to wait till xmas to reg a biz and get copyright on my work, right now just going to work for people for very cheap. To build a portfolio.

Thanks for the tip guys.

Maray.net charge us $1000 only for the design of main page

You really need to show past work before you can start charging people whatever prices you make up. Doing some designs for free is a good way to build a portfolio so people know the quality of the work you do.

-Graham

I've seen html coders cost $35/hour meanwhile graphic illustrators charge $75/hour

I've also seen cgi programmers charge $50/hour

Each part of a web design job generally requires different skills and experience. This is why there are many different rates depending on the particular task.

Some sites that need more html and less graphic, will end up costing less to make, than one that has lots of graphic, and little html.

dominet.net sure looks like an exact same replica of hostrocket.com

Looks like all pixelbreak knows is template designs.

You should have paid pixelbrick $200 for that template flash design, its definately not worth the $5000.

mrbling what are you talking about? They are different totally.

dominet.net sure looks like an exact same replica of hostrocket.com

I do not see the slightest resemblance in layout.

And dk2002; I think every dollar you paid Maray.net was well worth it. Your design looks fantastic. Only peeve is the music/racket played when you scroll over the left side navigation.
    iHosts.com >> Web hosting forum
    I own a webhosting community hosted at Dominet.net
    Thank you DomiNET

Depending on how good you are typically the (US) industry average is $20 to $50 an hour and in rare occasions up to $200 an hour (based on research).

I personally have charged up to $90.00/hr (heavy cgi coding/ massive graffic design/ 60+/- pages of content) but average at $35/hr to $50/hr.

I don't know what rates are in Australia but you should probably check out your competition in your market and base your rates on what they are charging, even if your work is better. If the quality is there, you will get more projects; after you get a decent portfolio 25 to 50 designs then you can raise your prices.

You also need to look at your specialty and what kind of turn around you can provide. If a client came to you and said I need 400+ pages of content, graphic design (logo), and it all be dynamic with back-end databases in a week could you do it? If you can then you can charge more per hour because you can accomplish more in on hour than an unexperienced designer, but if you cant I would charge less per hour.

Web design is a balancing act if you can find and keep your balance you will remain in business and be profitable, if you can't you will eventually fail.

Find your niche then find your wage.
    Joel Strellner