Securing my Network

Alright, I have three computers, 2 routers, 1 hub and 1 server machine on my network.

Up until now, we havn't worried about security much but I've decided that I want to secure it all. We have anti virus and software firewalls, as well as Windows XP firewall however, I cant seem to get the computers on the first router to talk to the computers on the other router.

My network setup is:

http://www.tylerleisher.com/network.jpg

Router 1 is a Linxsys, its default gateway is 192.168.1.1
    Router 2 is a Dynex E401 and its default gateway is 192.168.0.1

I tried changing the default gateways, but they lost internet.

Any ideas?

What can't talk to what? I'm guessing the laptop won't talk to the devices behind it?

Sounds to me like router 2 is in NAT mode. Which, protects the devices behind it to a point. Isn't this what you want? Otherwise. Why two routers?
    I <3 Linux Clusters

Computer 1 can't talk with Computers 2, 3 or the Xbox.

The reason for two routers is because instead of running 3 seperate cables and buying a larger router (And drilling more holes in the floor) we ran one cable into that room and hooked it into a second router, then ran three cables from that router to the computers and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaitech View Post
    Computer 1 can't talk with Computers 2, 3 or the Xbox.

The reason for two routers is because instead of running 3 seperate cables and buying a larger router (And drilling more holes in the floor) we ran one cable into that room and hooked it into a second router, then ran three cables from that router to the computers and whatnot.
    why did you run another router? a simple switch would have worked fine.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

yeah...just use a switch instead of the router and you should be fine.

Well we used a router because we had a spare one already. How much are switches?