Cpanel needs a new host

Damn Burst, soo much packetloss, i can't run cpanel properly, install perl modules etc...

I'm too lazy to do it the hard way

Yeah.. I can hardly get the news from their servers.. maybe they should host with me

lol, it times out hahahaha

Burst you're fired

The news hasn't shown up on whm for me in like a month...any upgrades that you do through cpanel have to be done twice as well...it's definately a problem.

lol this is sad, we are paying $99.00/month..

Wheres our service!

Well the $99 a month would be good service if they used a good host. The only thing we can blame CPANEL for is that they don't use me to host their site

lol nousername, well they should have some backup system...

Like a different host..

I was installing cpanel on 11 servers on friday when it decided to go "bye bye" i was soooo annoyed ....

I then offerd Nick to host CPANEL with us (I am pretty sure its impossible, due to agreements and contracts as well as he works for Burst) he gave me a better solution, which is perfect .. hehe secret
    Coreix™ | your solution™ www.coreix.net - 08000226734 - ISO27001 Certified
    Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Secure Cages - Enterprise & Managed Solutions - Clustering - LoadBalancing - High Availability - Hosted Exchange 2007
    NEW Tier III London DC with power sourced from 100% renewable sources, N+N UPS, N+1 Chillers and CRAC units, Mist Fire Suppression, Biometric and Man Trap security to all data areas

What a tease cabal

[offtopic]BTW, your sig says partners of DV2, yet the other day you responded to the DV2 bankruptcy thread with something to the affect of

"We aren't filing for bankruptcy"

Who are you referring to as we?

[/offtopic]

Also, what is your real name.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Oh hello eservers.biz person.. heard of terrastudios.net? He is transferring my account to you I think

cabalstudios , all I can say is hope you guys get some more servers in quick , I will defintely be purchasing a few a.s.a.p
    phantasyworkshosting.com

Samuel, Yes i was refering to DV2, as we are very closely linked to them.

nousername, Terrastudios was reselling our services, he has since got very busy with a private project and asked to have his clients deal with us directly. Please email [email protected] with your contact details, server_id and server_ip and i will get it confirmed.

Have a nice evening...
    Shazad...
    Coreix™ | your solution™ www.coreix.net - 08000226734 - ISO27001 Certified
    Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Secure Cages - Enterprise & Managed Solutions - Clustering - LoadBalancing - High Availability - Hosted Exchange 2007
    NEW Tier III London DC with power sourced from 100% renewable sources, N+N UPS, N+1 Chillers and CRAC units, Mist Fire Suppression, Biometric and Man Trap security to all data areas

[offtopic]Hi Shazad,

Thank you for the explanation as well as answering my post.

I've had a very difficult time contacting anyone at DV2/Xtransact so I am considering going elsewhere for my next two dedicated servers.[/offtopic]
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Well this is just great! I had to reboot a cpanel machine, and now I can't get to cpanel on that machine at all because the liscence can not be recognized. GRRR!!! This is costing US money! What the hell am I paying out of my ass for?

I think burst is gonna have alot of open servers soon
    phantasyworkshosting.com

I agree haze, maybe it was a big mistake for me to move from plesk to cpanel, at least plesk was MOREEEEE reliable!!!!!
    Last edited by edude; 07-15-2002 at 12:07 AM.

Edude: I have nothing against the cpanel software, its been great, and we have been using since april of last year. This is my only major complaint regarding the software. If it can't communicate with the liscence server like this, it shouldn't just shut down. Im still out even though cpanel is up now. Anyways back to work I go.

I think burstnet should have alternate download sites, maybe if every data center had the option of setting themselves up as a mirror, it would save a lot of time for burstnet in the long run, along with funds (they'd probably cut their downloads by 95%), but would be a good bit of work to sort out in the start, or do what FreeBSD does (ftp1.fbsd.org ftp2.fbsd.org, etc. etc. to ftp9? and cycle to find the fastest when downloading stuff)

I am surprise that DarkORB doesn't have mirroing license servers off-network. I would imagine a simple master/slave configuration of MySQL would suffice (or whatever they use to track license).

Cpanel license is almost "mission-critical", DarkORB should really be seeking redundency.

Peter

Actually, this isn't the first time this has happend...
    -Mat Sumpter
    Director, Product Engagement
    Penton Media

wow

Well thanks for all the input folks, I was thinking about switching to Cpanel but now i'm not going to until I hear that they get this matter fixed. I don't want to switch my company to a control panel that doesn't even work half the time just because their network is not redundant.

One would think that this would be a major issue and they would do something about this problem ASAP.

This is not saying very good things for something so expensive such as Cpanel. For now, i'll stick with cheap, realiable control panels that i know are going to be there for me when I need them.

Originally posted by Haze
    Edude: I have nothing against the cpanel software, its been great, and we have been using since april of last year. This is my only major complaint regarding the software. If it can't communicate with the liscence server like this, it shouldn't just shut down. Im still out even though cpanel is up now. Anyways back to work I go.
    I think the perfect solution would be whenever the software cannot connect to the liscense server, have it check "when was the last time I got my liscense verified?" If it is less than 2 days, then have the software work. More than 2 days, have it not work. This could be stored in some sort of encrypted file that would be hard to hack.

Anyway, it really is unacceptable to have your cpanel liscense go down because the master servers went down. I really hope DarkOrb takes a look at this thread and comes up with a good solution to this problem asap!

Yes, they need to look at this. This is totally and completely unacceptable.

Originally posted by mpope

I think the perfect solution would be whenever the software cannot connect to the liscense server, have it check "when was the last time I got my liscense verified?" If it is less than 2 days, then have the software work. More than 2 days, have it not work. This could be stored in some sort of encrypted file that would be hard to hack.

Anyway, it really is unacceptable to have your cpanel liscense go down because the master servers went down. I really hope DarkOrb takes a look at this thread and comes up with a good solution to this problem asap!
    Actually it will keep the license for a week if it cannot contact one of the license servers. (and yes their are other license servers outside of burst)
    J. Nick Koston - cPanel, Inc.